PDA

View Full Version : Skaven weapon teams

Mondobot
14-10-2010, 18:35
O.K. then time for a few dumb questions. In the weapon team entry the weapons profile has a "damage" section and a "save" section.
1-Is the save modifier just shown as a reminder for the modifier from the weapons strength or is it in addition to it?
2-what does the damage 1 or D3 etc. mean?...A page number from the rulebook or army book would help me here

ObiWan
14-10-2010, 18:51
1-It's kind of a reminder, with any modifier applied already in the number
2-the numer of wounds, if it shows D3 means that a D3 worth of wounds is caused by the weapon if you fail your save.

wilsongrahams
14-10-2010, 18:54
The save modifier is a reminder, just to help you - weapon stats once always had this before they just defaulted to strength. Unless stated otherwise or as armour piercing it's the same as the strength.

1 Damage means it'll inflict 1 wound after making your 'to wound' roll. D3 means that once you've wounded your opponent you roll a D3 (D6 where 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3) and apply that many wounds rather than just the one. The multiple wounds system works different to multiple shots because there is only one roll 'to wound' and the enemy gets one chance to save, before all wounds are applied or not.

Sorry about page references, but I don't have any with me, but these are very common questions and very simple to answer without checking a book. The start of the rulebook should detail how to use a D3 if I remeber correctly.