PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Fists Plog

Jaraknarn
14-10-2010, 20:47
The beginning of my fluff/story, model pics coming soon

Sorry about the format, it was the only way i can get it up at the moment coz i wrote it on my micro office word on my phone and i dont have easy access to a pc

My marines are goin to be the 11th company in my fluff, ill have pics of my first fully completed 5 man tact squad as soon as i can get the pics onto a pc

Jaraknarn
19-10-2010, 22:26
Heres my first squad half, iv yet to do the chapter symbol as the transfers are circular and im struggling to get them to stay down, any advice would be much appreciated, im not sure whether the green fits on the plasma gun, feedback and comments welcome, keep me motivated to keep going, this is my first project log and my first army so bare with me as im only just learning the ropes.

Providence89
20-10-2010, 04:48
Looks good can chek out my blog to :D

Jaraknarn
20-10-2010, 21:56
Heres a teaser for the command squad thats on my work bench, their gonna get kitted with some chapter symbols when they arrive

Cry of the Wind
07-11-2010, 01:42
This is a great start for a first army. I like your use of the Sanguinary Guard for the command squad. So you bought both boxes and just mixed and matched?

What is your army commander going to be based on?

Jaraknarn
07-11-2010, 18:51
This is a great start for a first army. I like your use of the Sanguinary Guard for the command squad. So you bought both boxes and just mixed and matched?

What is your army commander going to be based on?

Yer pretty much, i bummed the bitz off a friend who was conaidering a blood angels army, im painting th Company Champion right now, do u think silver or gold for the shoulder pads and sanguinary stuff?

As for my commander i have so many different captains i think i could make a full tactical squad but i dont really like any of them too much, im gonna pick up pedro kantor coz he's the right chapter and iv got an AOBR captain but im not a fan of the model, and another captain painted in the wrong colour and probably enough bitz to make a new one haha, iv even got a super old cpt cortez model that im tempted by, but he's ridiculusly small compared to the new models

Cry of the Wind
08-11-2010, 10:37
Pedro Kantor is a great model that is hard to beat with converting.

I would suggest gold as it looks really nice on blue.

Jaraknarn
08-11-2010, 17:25
Heres my company champion, i was struggling to get a good picture and iv just noticed that the power lines on the sword need painting but other than he's finished

@cryofthewind i had already started on tthe silver when u said gold so i mixed and matched a little bit lemme know wat u think

Jaraknarn
08-11-2010, 17:32
Heres my tactical squad sergeant and my very WIP dread

Jaraknarn
08-11-2010, 17:39
Heres 2 more marines and the box im keeping them all in to protect them from my nasty metal models

Cry of the Wind
08-11-2010, 18:38
Looking good, when I said gold I was mostly thinking about the shoulder pad rims. Other details look fine in both silver and gold. I tend to do weapons silver and things like eagle wings and rims in gold.

Jaraknarn
10-11-2010, 09:22
Iv finished up my last 2 marines an ill post up a group shot as soon as iv finished basing them. Iv started work on the meltagun command squader

@cryofthewind, i did his sanguinary shoulder pad in gold, it looks so awesome im gonna go back and repaint the Com Champs pad coz it looks so much better, sweet inquisitioners btw

Jaraknarn
05-01-2011, 09:08
Updates coming real soon, iv finished the entire tactical and over half the command squad, just need to snow the bases and their finished. Iv even won a couple of games with them. My tactical squadies even bagged themselves a Sanguinor!

Jaraknarn
05-01-2011, 11:23
Here ya go, here's a group shot of the full tactical squad, with missle launcher and plasma gun.

And close ups of the sarge and the 5 new squad members.

Jaraknarn
05-01-2011, 11:28
And heres the finished Company Champion and Chapter Banner Bearer. Iv also put in a little before and after of a little bit of basing im quite proud of. Iv given the running CoChamp a footprint in the snow where his foot would have been. I took some WIP to show u how i did it. Give me some feedback!

Azrial14
05-01-2011, 11:43
there awesome mate, what id recommend is just applying just a single hight light to your models just to add a little depth to them, and great idea with the story, really making me want to do one for my ultramarine.
cant wait to see more :)

Jaraknarn
05-01-2011, 11:59
Thanks mate, u should go for it, writing well fun, an it makes u enjoy paintin an gamin with ur marines more.
The story has changed a bit, that passage is more like an epiloge now, but the the re-think is up in my sig, an there'll be some updates soon, anyway enough shameless self promotion, thanks for the positive comments, ill give ur plog a check asap

Shortsonfire79
06-01-2011, 04:15
Well, checked out your pictures. And I think your Fists are pretty. :)
You asked about the transfers in the first or second post. Unfortunately, I can't help you. I tried using them with my DA, and failed miserably, so now I don't do chapter icons, and if I do, I hand paint them.
Give it a shot. :D
I do really like your snow bases though. :) Very nice.

Jaraknarn
06-01-2011, 09:57
Well, i got some tips from the painting and modelling threads, they said the key was Transfer/Decal solution. That it softens them up more so they sort of mold onto things better. Its only a couple of quid of the introwebs so ill report back when i find out if its any easier

Inquisitor Kallus
24-01-2011, 20:19
Those are some cool Crimson Fists there Jaraknarn. Are you collecting to a points value, a company or something else?

Jaraknarn
24-01-2011, 21:14
Not much at the moment, because im new to the hobby, my list is sort of evolving as i play more games. Im just feeling out wat works and wat doesn't. The warseer SM tactica is a bit daunting as its so big, so iv avoided it. What i can tell u is wat i already have.

I shared AOBR with a friend so i have
A tactical squad
5 Termies
And a Dreadnaught

Iv got a Captain that im in the process of painting
A Captain Cortez mini
A Chaplain jump pack
4 sniper scouts
A Sergeant Telion
Another Tactical squad still in the box
A Vanguard Vet Squad, the metal models
And even an Emperors Champion that i may make into Maximinius from my fluff.

Im also looking to get some more termies and a sternguard vet squad. So as u can see, a lot!
Maybe 1500pts as a target? Besides vehicles, can anyone see any glaring holes in my force?

Inquisitor Kallus
24-01-2011, 21:21
1500 is good to aim for. Im very much a fluff gamer, and I have figure collections rather than collect an army. It really depends what you want to go for. And also how much you want to win, if you're going for a paticular theme, the people you play against etc. I myself have been in the hobby for 19 years (staff for 6-7) and so can help you out with this regard. Let me know.

Jaraknarn
24-01-2011, 21:35
I think my overall plan is to eventually match these with some terrain. I wanna make the Ice world fortress from my fluff and make it a playable game board. Probably eventually turning it into a display piece with the army.