PDA

View Full Version : WoC army - Does 8th edition let me make this?

Nunnja
15-10-2010, 08:39
I don't own a copy of the new 8th edition ruleset yet, so 'm hoping the wise seers of Warseer can advise me on a little concern I have.

I'm planning on sinking a few hundred pound into an 8,000 point WoC army, but I heard something on the forums about army choices being percentage based now.

So here's the list for my intended army, can anyone tell me if this is allowed under the new rules?

Daemon Prince as General
2 units of 36 Chaos Marauders, each led by an Exalted Hero
2 units of 25 Marauder Horsemen
3 units of 20 Warriors of Chaos, each led by an Exalted Hero
2 units of 20 Chosen of Chaos
2 units of 20 Chaos Knights, each led by an Exalted Hero
2 Hellcannons (although these may be swapped for a Giant and a Warshrine)

The WoC army book doesn't SEEM to indicate this is against the rules, but I'm sure someone here will find a flaw in my logic.

And yes, I know it's stupidly huge, but what's the point of having disposable income if you can't do utterly ridiculous things with it? ;)

theunwantedbeing
15-10-2010, 08:42
Well, seeing as you have so much disposable income, it won't be too much trouble to dispose a little more of it on a rulebook :)

Looks to be legal though.

Rake
15-10-2010, 08:45
Easily. You fit the allocations comfortably with the sheer mass of models. You need to keep your specials at no more than twice your core points and your rares, heroes and lords at no more than your core points. You have

On a side note I would recommend you but at least 2 Sorceror models and the mats for 2 Warshrines. You will find yourself missing them in most battles if you dont have any. Also you probably want to bump both your marauder units to 50. any less tend to die too quickly and arent effective when they get into close combat.

Alric
15-10-2010, 08:55
Looks ok as far as troop and point allocations , but you might want to get just one hellcannon for starters , and I wouldnt buy any more marauders than you have listed some WoC players aren't happy with them be safer to start low and add more later if you like them. If you're serious about Chosen then you will want at least one warshrine and you do want some sorcerer models , the flying disc tzeentch sorcerer is used by many WoC players.

theorox
15-10-2010, 09:12
This is crazy. Seems legal though. :p

Theo

Nunnja
15-10-2010, 09:39
Thanks guys, makes me feel a lot more comfortable investing all that cash in models knowing it IS a usable army!

@ Theunwantedbeing: Disposable, yes - but even I feel a bit uneasy paying 45 for a rulebook that might only last 2 or 3 years at best as GW attempt to screw more money from us all!

And to everyone else, thanks for the helpful suggestions of getting in sorcerers and a warshrine - I'd not even considered magic, intending to use banners, armour and talismans to weather the storms of magic, but if I can find a way to make them fit with the Khorne fluff I have in mind, I'll work 'em in there!