8/11 Herd Gors/Ungors: Full command: 135p
5/8 Herd: music: 72p
5/5 Herd: 55p
8/10 Herd: Full command: 131p
5 Furies: 75p
8 units of 5 Warhounds: 240p

Total 1749 points, 5 DDice

I have a solid, hard hitting, psychologically reliable core and enough units to ambush, to throw away, annoy with, use as bait or screen, mage-and warmachinehunt with, do as I see fit with.

I only took 1 char, he goes first round with the khorngors so he won't run away and spoil my ambush, after he has launched the ambush he'll go with a big herd or go solo, as needed.

This list is for the next tournament at 1750 points, any changes you would make or advices to give? Options include more minos, change the herd compositions, remove banners and anything else you can think of.

All help is greatly appreciated

metro_gnome
10-03-2006, 12:35
i'd dump you 5/5 herd for champs in the 5/8's... that leadership is a must...

giner
10-03-2006, 16:06
Champs are definitely needed. If you drop the 5/5 herd you can also fit in a musician for the khornegor. I know their hard but they will still draw sometimes.

I can recomend centigor if you drop some hound you can fit them in them or chariots.

MarcoPollo
10-03-2006, 16:33
I like lots of Dogs, but I don't like as many as you have. They can clog up the game and make your own charge lanes obstructed. What do you have on your mino's? Great weapons I hope.

I also agree with the champs in the beastherd units. The ld is important especially if they are ambushing.

Minotower
12-03-2006, 16:40
I changed my list to the following:

1 Wargor general: GW, Sh, armour of damnation, mark of Khorne: 131p

3 Minotaurs: mark of Khorne, GW: 183p
15 Khorngors: banner, champ: 249p
4 Chariots: 340p
9/12 Herd Gors/Ungors: Full command: 146p
8/10 Herd: Foe-render, music: 121p
8/10 Herd: Full command: 131p
5 Furies: 75p
6 units of 5 Warhounds: 180p
2 spawns: 120p

Total 1748 points, 5 DDice

Basically I sacked some of the weaker elements (2 hound units, the 5/5 and a 5/8 herd and the bannerbearer of the minos) and added some stronger stuff (2 spawns, a 8/10 herd and added to my biggest herd).

Let me know what you think, advise about the spawns would be very welcome as I never played with them.

Thanks

MarcoPollo
13-03-2006, 02:08
I think it is much better. 6 hounds is still alot but manageable. I think that a musician in the Khonregors is important especially if you are playing a fear causing enemy like VC or TK. The minos have great weapons right?

I played with some spawns once in a while, but generally I am disapointed with their efficiency. You have to roll how many attacks, hit with those attacks, and wound with them too. That may only translate to one wound. At 60 pts each or even 75 with an upgrade, it is a little disapointing for me.

I would prefer to be able to afford a giant. Stubborn on 10 is really great at holding the flanks and at unit strength 6 they can negate ranks if you get behind their lines. The mutant of monstrosity may not seem so good but it will usually translate to one or two saves pergame. That's like adding more wounds. I played without it and I have played with it and will always take it now. At 25 points, it can be a hard choice between a warbanner and mutant of monstrosity. Ah choices, choices ...

Minotower
13-03-2006, 09:53
Yep, great weapons, I wrote them in the list.
I've never played with the spawn, you never know what they'll do but neither does your opp, which could make him nervous as they could run very far and hit pretty hard. They're also great at tying up the flanks of cav or blocks of undead.