PDA

View Full Version : VCs 2.5k - Zombies Zombies Zombies!

eyescrossed
16-10-2010, 05:44
Hey all. I decided to write a different list for a change - with Zombies!

Lord: Lvl3 Vampire Lord with Master of the Black Arts, Forbidden Lore: Shadow, Lord of the Dead, the Flayed Hauberk, Blood Drinker and Crown of the Damned – 455

Heroes: Wight King BSB with Talisman of Preservation and Ironcurse Icon – 150

Wight King with the Cursed Book, Sword of Kings and Charmed Shield – 125

Vampire with Forbidden Lore: Vampires and Helm of Commandment – 165

Necromancer with Invocation of Nehek, Vanhel’s Danse Macabre and the Black Periapt on a Corpse Cart with an Unholy Lodestone – 185

Core: 60 Zombies with Musician and Standard Bearer – 252

23 Skeletons with FC and the Banner of Hellfire – 214

30 Ghouls with Ghast – 248

Corpse Cart with an Unholy Lodestone – 100

Special: 28 Grave Guard with FC and the Banner of the Barrows – 411

Rare: Varghulf – 175

2500 points

The Lord goes in with the Grave Guard (duh) and "heals" them with the Blood Drinker, whilst raising more Skeletons on the way, debuffing enemy units and making Zombies strike at Str10 :D

The BSB goes in with the GG too.

The other Wight King goes in with either the Ghouls or Skellies, to kill an enemy character; he uses the Book to make them WS1 and then KBs them. It'd probably work better in the Grave Guard, actually... I might switch him and the BSB around.

The Vampire raises stuff, gives her WS to others and occasionally throws off Wind of Undeath/Curse of Years.

The Necromancer makes things go faster and saves dice.

The Zombies are there to be Mindrazor'd, Helm of Commandment'd and possibly Dansed. Each having a WS6, Str10 attack that strikes first and rerolls to hit is deadly and unexpected (even if it can work better on other units).

Skellies are just a bunker that can easily be raised.

Ghouls are there because... Well, they're Ghouls!

Grave Guard are quite deadly with the Banner of the Barrows, ESPECIALLY if they can be Helm'd due to the Zombies not being in combat.

Varghulf is there for flanking and possibly War Machine hunting; general Varghulf things.

What do you think?

Cuchulain84
16-10-2010, 11:03
The Zombies are there to be Mindrazor'd, Helm of Commandment'd and possibly Dansed. Each having a WS6, Str10 attack that strikes first and rerolls to hit is deadly and unexpected (even if it can work better on other units).

I really love this, but I'm not convinced it's 'allowed'. Would love to be proven wrong though...

eyescrossed
16-10-2010, 13:52
I really love this, but I'm not convinced it's 'allowed'. Would love to be proven wrong though...

What part isn't "allowed"?

Cuchulain84
16-10-2010, 14:12
Being able to use the Vamps Ld with Mindrazor.

Leth Von Lucifuge
16-10-2010, 14:16
Ya, mindrazor works on the basic Ld stat, they cant use the lords for that and zombie Ld is 2...
Tactically I think you have too much faith in being able to cast all the spells you want when you have to first roll for the winds of magic.

eyescrossed
16-10-2010, 14:24
Being able to use the Vamps Ld with Mindrazor.

Ya, mindrazor works on the basic Ld stat, they cant use the lords for that and zombie Ld is 2...
Read the rules for Inspiring Presence.

Tactically I think you have too much faith in being able to cast all the spells you want when you have to first roll for the winds of magic.
Hey, I never said it was a competative list ;)

Although I'm thinking of changing the list a bit; taking off 30 Zombies (they're easy to raise anyway) and adding an extra 15 Ghouls; using the Helm on the Grave Guard would work better anyway.

thesheriff
16-10-2010, 19:19
Alternativly, lore of light, Bironas time warp, speed of light and a crown vamp would make them pretty nasty.

thesheriff

Fox Of 9
16-10-2010, 20:15
@thesheriff that could be horribly disgustingly nasty :p

Leeeeeeroy Jenkins
17-10-2010, 03:16
Dude that zombie unit will evoporate in like two turns.

Ghouls are the only infantry worth taking.

eyescrossed
17-10-2010, 03:52
Alternativly, lore of light, Bironas time warp, speed of light and a crown vamp would make them pretty nasty.
Sounds good, but why a Crown? Speed of Light makes them WS10 already...

@thesheriff that could be horribly disgustingly nasty :p
Could is a key word there :p

They're still Str2... I can't see how making them strike first and more likely to hit will make them more deadly.

Dude that zombie unit will evoporate in like two turns.

Ghouls are the only infantry worth taking.
If I don't raise them.

Bullcrap. If I take just Ghouls then I'll auto lose in Blood and Glory.