PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish Question

WizzyWarlock
16-10-2010, 09:16
I played a battle a few days ago against Skaven, where his Censer Bearers (skirmish) charged my Waywatchers. The Waywatchers did a stand and fire with a total of -2 to hit: -1 for shooting skirmishers, -1 for stand and shoot. However, looking at the rules, I don't think this is right so I'm checking to make sure I'm right on this.

When a Skirmish unit charges it closes up and loses its loose formation. Under the 'Light Troops' section it states: Skirmishers natural inclination to a sparse formation makes them much less likely to suffer hits from missile fire.

Does that mean when not in their loose formation, i.e. charging, they don't get the -1, or is that just fluff and the -1 always covers the Skirmishers?

Chris_
16-10-2010, 09:31
You still suffer the -1 from "Light Troops".

T10
16-10-2010, 14:59
You work out the S&S before working out the charge distance, so this happens even before the chargers are moved. This means the skirmishers are still in their "dispersed" formation when you shoot.

SiNNiX
16-10-2010, 15:23
Yeah, if you didn't get the further -1 for S&Sing Skirmishers, they would be utterly worthless this edition.

Rixitotal
17-10-2010, 00:21
Skirmishers don't become normal troops when they rank up for combat. They still have the -1 to hit rule.