PDA

View Full Version : HE/Bretonnia 2v2 tounament list (1000pts each)

Requiem_Aeon
16-10-2010, 17:53
Betonnian list:

8 Knights of the Realm
Full command

8 Knights of the Realm
Full command

Paladin (general)
Virtue of Noble Disdain (did not find anything better for 20 pts that were left)
Armor of Agilulf
Warhorse
Lance

Paladin (bsb)
Warhorse
Banner of Chalons
4 Pegasus Knights

Trebuchet

total 994 points

HE List

Mage
Lvl 2
Seerstaff
Lore of Light, Spell 1 and either 2 or 4. (did not descide yet)

14 White Lions
Full command

14 Swordmaster
Full Command

21 Lothern Seaguard
banner + musician
Banner of Eternal Flame

Eagle

998 pts

We are expecting a lot of shooting + shooting and Shooting + combat lists.
not too much magic.

Overall gameplan will be putting the HE infantry in the middle, with the Bretonnian knights on both flanks.

Comment appericiated, as long as its constructive :D

Zujara
16-10-2010, 18:29
Bret list looks solid to me, if you are expecting lots of shooting Noble Disdain can be surprisingly good.

I like the high elf list too, though I would drop the archers and get either a bolt thrower or 2 eagles. The Spearmen would then need a Champion or Banner of Eternal Flame to be right on the 25% Core.

I find that Archers don't really cut it for their cost, but if he does take them or a bolt thrower put them where they can support one of the Bret flanks by whittling down ranks to break Steadfast. Also ignore him if he grumbles about you wanting the Blessing, with almost everything in your army being a knight it is worth it!

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
16-10-2010, 19:21
Betonnian list:

2x
8 Knights of the Realm
Full command

Paladin (general)
Virtue of Noble Disdain (did not find anything better for 20 pts that were left)
Armor of Agilulf
Warhorse
Lance

Paladin (bsb)
Warhorse
Banner of Chalons
Lance
Virtue of the Impetuous Knight

4 Pegasus Knights

Trebuchet

total 998 points

HE List

Mage
Lvl 2
Seerstaff
Lore of Light, Spell 1 and either 2 or 4. (did not descide yet)

14 White Lions
Full command

14 Swordmaster
Full Command

25 Spearmen
Banner + Musician

10 Archers

1000pts

We are expecting a lot of shooting + shooting and Shooting + combat lists.
not too much magic.

Overall gameplan will be putting the HE infantry in the middle, with the Bretonnian knights on both flanks.

Comment appericiated, as long as its constructive :D

I think the paladin BSB might be illegal due to him having a magic banner (no additional equipment may be given other than a warhorse or barded warhorse). I would also suggest trading in the archers for a RBT or eagles and trade in a few of the spearman and dropping full command on the SMs to convert the spearman block to Lothern Sea Guard with full command. With the RBT that could put an additional 26 shots on the from the high elf line with the sacrifice of 5 spearman and the FC on the SMs.

Requiem_Aeon
16-10-2010, 19:36
It says in the Brets book that the Paladin can take a magic banner.

Good call about the Seaguard. I wanted to use my archers to hide my mage in, but seaguard will probably not rush forward to combat so putting him there will do as well.

I'm not too keen on RBT's, because they are so fragile now.

List in 1st post updated.

(P.s. I'll be playing the HE :D)

16-10-2010, 19:43
It says in the Brets book that the Paladin can take a magic banner.

Good call about the Seaguard. I wanted to use my archers to hide my mage in, but seaguard will probably not rush forward to combat so putting him there will do as well.

I'm not too keen on RBT's, because they are so fragile now.

List in 1st post updated.

For the Bretonnian BSB I was referring to the lance weapon upgrade. If the BSB takes a magic banner they can only get the warhorse options (or a pegasus) as upgrades unless this was recently changed in the errata. Yeah I understand that the wounds are assigned to the crew now but 6 STR 4 shots with greater range than longbows is still pretty good especially at 1000 pts. However you can also opt for 2 great eagles instead to give your army fast movers that can deal with enemy war machines. Just a thought.

Requiem_Aeon
16-10-2010, 19:50
*Gives banner to unit :p

True, i missed that small but crucial part.

Im going to ponder about the RBt.

maybe i will drop 4 LSG for 1 eagle, who will probably make it to the other side because of the large number of more threatening targets.
And if they kill it, its less shooting on more expensive units.

Thoughts on spell selection?

wilsongrahams
16-10-2010, 19:57
My only thing to say is concerning the High Elves.

I'd drop the Sword Master champion and musician in such a small army, and field an extra model to make the unit 15 strong. With getting hits back now due to step up, you will take casualties and that extra man dying will be better than one single extra attack from the champion. As it is, I assume you are running 7 wide and 2 ranks? That means with 14 and champ you have 22 attacks, 21 if you lose a man. With 15 without champion, you have 21, but still have 21 if you lose a man and will keep your rank bonus 1 wound longer than the smaller unit. Rememebr that your champion can be targeted seperately and that is 3 attacks you lose.

You also definately want Lore of Life, but really down to preference on spells - will you be wanting to protect your own force or your allies?

Just my bit of advice.

16-10-2010, 20:12
*Gives banner to unit :p

True, i missed that small but crucial part.

Im going to ponder about the RBt.

maybe i will drop 4 LSG for 1 eagle, who will probably make it to the other side because of the large number of more threatening targets.
And if they kill it, its less shooting on more expensive units.

Thoughts on spell selection?

Well Light was your first choice so I suspect there is a lot of undead or demon armies in this tournament? If you're thinking augment then spells 1 & 3 has my vote. If you thinking controlling enemy movement and damage then 4 & 5. If you want to give your Bretonnian ally some love then go with Lore of Beasts using spells 4 & 5 as your choices.

Fox Of 9
16-10-2010, 20:13
don't the white lion's have a ward or something against shooting. i thought that considering that you would have more than on unit of them :wtf: or am i wrong ?? David

Requiem_Aeon
16-10-2010, 20:34
don't the white lion's have a ward or something against shooting. i thought that considering that you would have more than on unit of them :wtf: or am i wrong ?? David

WL have a Lion Cloak, wich gives them +2 armor save vs shooting.

I took Light because i was impressed by the 1st spell.
-1 to hit for shooting, cc and ignoring 1/2 of the shots from warmachines is nothing to scoff at. certainly when i cast the buffed up version.
4 seemed nice to control movement, and magic to some extent.

2 seems to complement 1 realy well, after protecting units buffing them up in cc.
as you can see i took no dmg spells. wich was intended.
My aim will be to cast spell 1 for the first 2 turns of the game with enough dice to get it through.
after that i will switch to spell 2.

Beasts looks nice too, but has a bit steeper casting value (10+ on spell 0 vs 8+ on spell 1 from Light)
Yes im aware that it will be "9+" on the knights.

the more i think about dropping 4 lsg for 1 eage, the more i start to like it.
I can deploy them 3x7 wide then, with possibility to reform if nessecery.