PDA

View Full Version : 1200 points of HE fun

Caradryan
10-03-2006, 16:42
hio
im not new to the game, but after a long stint of who needs magic with my high elves cause really i role so bad it dose nothing im trying a different approach any feed back or suggestions would be knice but here is my list for a 1200pt tourny comming up

1 hero (steed, barding, heavy armour, lance, shield, with the helm of fortune, 1+ reroll save)
1 mage (lvl 2, jewel of the dusk, ring of fury)
possibly death magic or fire

core
2 units of 16 spear elves full command (4x4 units)
1 unit of 5 silverhelms (hvy armour, shields, and a champ)- for the hero to ride with
special
1 unit 12 swordmasters (4x3 unit) (champ, has blessed tome to increase the infantries leadership to 9)
1 unit 5 reavers (just spears)
1 unit 5 shadow warriors

comes to just under 1200 pts

the basic idea being helms and reavers on one side shadow warroirs on the other, spearmen up the gut with swords between. the spearmen set up charges, and spear flanks watched by swords and helms, while the reavers and shadow warriros wtch the extended flanks of the helms and other spears
like this

[Reavers]_____[Helms]_____[Spears]______[Spears]________[Shadow Warriors]
___________(with Hero)___________[Swords]__________(or deployed as scouts)
_______________________(mage close to or with Swords, or could be deployed with shadow warriors)

oppinions or comments ??

taer
10-03-2006, 19:29
Erm, you miss the army list section or something?

I also didn't think High elf mages could use death or fire.

The Winslow
10-03-2006, 19:44
Seems like a pretty solid list to me. You might consider dropping the mage's level and magic items, and either going for two scrolls or the annulian crystal. 5 power dice and a bound spell could be nice against someone with 2 or 3 dispel dice. Any more than that, and all those points will be ill-spent. If you want to take just one mage, your better off taking him for defense.

@taer: high elves can use either high magic or any one of the eight basic lores.

Caradryan
10-03-2006, 20:51
k thanks for the tips

wanderingblade
12-03-2006, 16:42
Just for future reference, these sort of threads belong in the Army lists sub section.

As for the list - it looks reasonable enough - if it was me, I'd try looking for more spearmen maybe at the expense of the Hero's Helm of Fortune and by downscaling the mage.

Caradryan
12-03-2006, 18:20
thanks for the tip
wasn't sure were to put the list, in the future i'lll put them in there