PDA

View Full Version : Custodes

Jonny_N
16-10-2010, 22:11
What with Forge world going all nutty on pre heresy, it got me thinking, How many people would buy The Custodian guard if they were to make models for them and release rules for them in a book?

Wishing
16-10-2010, 23:26
I like the idea of Custodes a lot, so if FW made some beautiful looking miniatures for them I would be very interested. It would really depend on how much the models would wow me whether I would actually buy them or not.

swifty2
16-10-2010, 23:45
That would be pretty cool, but they'ed have to really do them justice.

starlight
16-10-2010, 23:51
It would depend on the theme they chose...

...if they went with the *robes and breechclothes* theme...then you couldn't pay me to use them...

...if they went with the *better than Space Marines power armour*, then it would mostly depend on the final look.

lotrchampion
16-10-2010, 23:52
The thing to remember is that Forge World aren't actually releasing any Pre-heresy stuff directly as that - it's simply older Marks of armour to include in your SM forces for variety. Same, I would guess, with the pre-heresy Dreadnought. The current releases are in line with the Badab War release. I doubt we'll get anything that's defineably Pre-heresy unless they do an IA book around it, which while an awesome thought, seems unlikely.

Yes, I know Custodes are still around in M41, but they are to all intents and purposes an inactive force.

However, to answer your original question - I'd buy them if the models were superb, purely for the models. Wouldn't really be bothered about rules for them myself.

Wishing
17-10-2010, 00:35
Yes, I know Custodes are still around in M41, but they are to all intents and purposes an inactive force.

However, to answer your original question - I'd buy them if the models were superb, purely for the models. Wouldn't really be bothered about rules for them myself.

That's kinda my view too. FW seem to regularly make models that have no direct in-game use, like the Tau pilots, so they could make Custodes models without needing an army list to put them in if they wanted.

-Loki-
17-10-2010, 01:28
If someone put an army of these guys (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Custode_Legionaries.jpg) down on the table, I wouldn't even complain about them not actually being a fighting force anymore. That would be one beautiful army.

Jonny_N
17-10-2010, 01:48
I would buy them simply to paint

FashaTheDog
17-10-2010, 01:51
Unfortunately Forgeworld has said that they are not going to be doing pre-Heresy as they do not have the resources to devote to it at this time and that the parent company has expressed an interest in doing it "sometime in the future." I even asked if they would do just the Primarchs for the fun of sculpting them, which they said that was a definite no for now.