PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Cavalry Supporting Attacks?

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 17:07
Am I correct that a Bloodcrusher (who has 2 attacks in its profile, and 2 attacks in its mount's profile) can only make 3 attacks total? So I would have my Bloodletter make 2 attacks and my Jugg make 1 attack, correct? That's how I've been playing them and how I think it's done, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything in the wording. Seems pretty straight-forward though. The model can make 3 attacks in the second rank.

Tae
17-10-2010, 18:05
Don't have my BRB to hand, but can Monstrous Cavalry's mount even make supporting attacks? As regular cavalry can only make supporting attacks from the rider, not from the mount.

Crimifa
17-10-2010, 18:10
monstrous infantry get the three supporting attacks

monstrous cavalry follow that rule as though they were monstrous infantry, so up to 3 attacks

however, pretty sure that monstrous cavalry also get the cavalry rules thrown on top...
meaning that the mounts cannot make supporting attacks
i cannot double check this at this current time

but if that is the case
front rank riders and mounts make full attacks (plus mounts get to stomp)
supporting attacks can only be made by the riders but due to being monstrous get up to 3...

now that can't be right, thats just plain silly...

i really hope i am wrong

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 18:36
Nope. Just read the rules. Monstrous Infantry are the only ones who get to use up to 3 attacks in the supporting ranks unless I'm missing something. Monstrous Infantry use all the rules for cavalry, and cavalry may only make 1 attack from the supporting rank. So Bloodcrushers not only get mount attacks from the second rank, but also only get to make 1 attack. This makes it alot less effective to make units of 6 Bloodcrushers instead of 3. Glad I found this before entering my DoC army into any tournaments... :(

NixonAsADaemonPrince
17-10-2010, 19:00
Nope. Just read the rules. Monstrous Infantry are the only ones who get to use up to 3 attacks in the supporting ranks unless I'm missing something. Monstrous Infantry use all the rules for cavalry, and cavalry may only make 1 attack from the supporting rank. So Bloodcrushers not only get mount attacks from the second rank, but also only get to make 1 attack. This makes it alot less effective to make units of 6 Bloodcrushers instead of 3. Glad I found this before entering my DoC army into any tournaments... :(

Yep you are missing something, there has been Errata to give Monstrous Cavalry and Monstrous Beast Monstrous Support:

Page 83-Monstrous Cavalry
Add "Monstrous Support
Furthermore, the rider of a monstrous cavalry model can make as many supporting attacks as are on its profile, up to a maximum of three." to the end of the paragraph.

Page 85-Monstrous Beasts
Add "Monstrous Support
Furthermore, a monstrous beast can make as many supporting attacks as are on its profile, up to a maximum of three." to the end of the paragraph.

Hope this helps :).

Frosty_TK
17-10-2010, 19:03
Monstrous Cavalry get's up to three supporting attacks from their rider, but not from the mount.

This was, though intended, forgotten in the rulebook and can be found in the errata.

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 22:05
Alright sweet. I thought that didn't make sense! I really need to stay on top of the BRB Errata/FAQ, as I've been wrong about several things lately that have been corrected or changed in the BRB Errata. :rolleyes:

Kalandros
17-10-2010, 22:32
So Bloodcrushers get only 2 attacks for the 2 row, none from the jugger.

So crappy at what.. 70 pts a model?

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 22:48
So Bloodcrushers get only 2 attacks for the 2 row, none from the jugger.

So crappy at what.. 70 pts a model?

Yeah, definitely makes me rethink my 3x2 unit. From the front row you get (with herald): 2x S6 KB Hatred attacks and 2x S5 KB attacks per model with 3x S5 Stomp attacks, and from the back row you get: 2x S6 KB Hatred attacks per model. Still really good but not sure about 70 points good. For the front row, definitely worth their points. For the back row, not so much. :(