PDA

View Full Version : Scenario 6 - The Watchtower

Maximus Lucifer
17-10-2010, 17:56
Can you destroy the watchtower? and if so who is victorious?

Also, where are the rules for the buildings Toughness and Wounds? i think i remember seeing it once, but cant find it now...:rolleyes:

Thanks in Advance!

Walgis
17-10-2010, 18:06
scaven has a spell that could destroy it.

sulla
17-10-2010, 18:39
Destroying buildings is a special rule found in the raze and ruin scenarion on pages 398-99 of the BRB (not in the smaller rulebook). I suppose you could use it with both players consent in your watchtower games but you are introducing a new variable that will suit some armies better than others; especially those with high strength artillery. I don't recommend it.

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 18:55
I'm pretty sure that's how it's intended to be played. Some army builds are better or worse at the Watchtower Scenario than others.

Tykinkuula
17-10-2010, 18:56
Skaven have things that can destroy buildings, and unlike sulla suggest, they don't need you to apply some additional rules in the scenario to be able to. GW has already addressed thi in the FAQs, where they say that in such an event armies continue fighting over the pile of rubble that's left behind. So no matter if your watchtower is intact or in million little pieces, it's still the objective.

SiNNiX
17-10-2010, 18:59
Skaven have things that can destroy buildings, and unlike sulla suggest, they don't need you to apply some additional rules in the scenario to be able to. GW has already addressed thi in the FAQs, where they say that in such an event armies continue fighting over the pile of rubble that's left behind. So no matter if your watchtower is intact or in million little pieces, it's still the objective.

This is also true, by the way. Just wanted to point out that it can be destroyed.

sulla
18-10-2010, 00:45
Skaven have things that can destroy buildings, and unlike sulla suggest, they don't need you to apply some additional rules in the scenario to be able to. GW has already addressed thi in the FAQs, where they say that in such an event armies continue fighting over the pile of rubble that's left behind. So no matter if your watchtower is intact or in million little pieces, it's still the objective.Sorry, I know my post directly followed one about the skaven spell, but it was actually replying to the OP about the rules for destroying buildings. They are not part of the watchtower rules. Skaven and possibly kroak have rules for destroying buildings in their army books. These should be allowed because they are part of their legitamate rules of these armies. If I'd known we were talking about skaven destroying buildings my answer would have been different. Perhaps in future, when an answer to a specific army's problem is required, the question should not be phrased toward all armies in general?