PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Lizardmen (new to Fantasy)

Biff Gunhed
18-10-2010, 06:49
I'm just starting to get in to Fantasy and am considering collecting either Lizardmen or Skaven (my Skaven list is here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279081)). So I've made a couple of lists to help me decide which to collect. Please let me know what you think of the following list.

Lords (22%)
Slann Mage-Priest. Lore of Light. The Focused Rumination; The Becalming Cogitation. Obsidian Amulet; Cupped Hands of the Old Ones. Battle Standard. 440 points.

Heroes (19%)
Skink Priest. Talisman of Protection; Dispel Scroll; Ironcurse Icon. Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods. 400 points.

Core (29%)
18 20 Saurus Warriors. Full command. 250 points.
18 20 Saurus Warriors. Full command. 250 points.
10 Skink Skirmishers. Javelins and shields. 80 points.

Special (16%)
6 5 Chameleon Skinks. 60 points.
14 Temple Guard. Full command. 259 points.

Rare (14%)
Ancient Stegadon. 275 points.

magicmonkey
18-10-2010, 11:40
you need more temple guard and to make your saurus a bit bigger maybe. the skikn prest is to upgraded and you dont have a scroll on either hero, which is pretty important. i would lose the ancienty steg for 2 salamanders and lose a few upgrades to get 10 extra temple guard. also try life and focus of mystery onthe slaan very powerful

Biff Gunhed
19-10-2010, 02:26
Thanks for the feedback. I've changed the size of the Temple Guard and Saurus, and dropped the Ancient Stegadon. I've replaced the Skink Skirmishers with Chameleon Skinks, and given the Revered Guardian the Dragonfly of Quicksilver to help them out.

I want to keep the Lore of Light for fluff reasons at this point, though that may change. I swapped out the Higher State of Consciousness for the Becalming Cogitation: this may help with magic defense since I'm not taking any scrolls. I've kept the Skink Priest geared up as I feel he needs the protection, though I may change this in future too.

What do you think about the new list above?

magicmonkey
19-10-2010, 19:23
seems alot better although i would try the suarus in 6x4 blocks and get a few extra points for a salamander or 2 because they are pretty sweet with no partials :D
also i would lose the channeling staff as a in 6 chance of extra channeling adds 1 pd each game, and there are better things than that like forbidden rod for slaan (d6 pd but d3 wounds with 4++)

Biff Gunhed
20-10-2010, 05:36
OK, after reading through much of the Tactics thread I've made a few more changes. I reduced the Temple Guard and Saurus units so I could fit the Ancient Stegadon back in, because I really want two :)

The Saurus units may be a little low now; I'll be running them 6x3. The main reason for keeping them small is because I can easily make two lots of 18 from the Battalion box and one box of Saurus :) I can always expand them later.

I've also geared the Skink Priest a bit differently so he could have a Dispel Scroll. Hopefully he'll be protected enough.

I also don't really want to add a Salamander, even though they do look awesome. Just personal preference.

magicmonkey
20-10-2010, 14:13
wll i used to run6*3 blocks for the same reason but they didnt have the hitting power after shooting/magic casualties which for lizzies with purple sun/pit of shades was lots.

Biff Gunhed
21-10-2010, 01:54
OK, thanks for all your help. Made a final tweak to some of the numbers since I realised it is cheaper to buy a second battalion box than all the other things I was buying anyway. Saurus are back at 20, Skink numbers are lower though. Also dropped the protection on the Skink Priest to give the Slann the Banner of Discipline. I'm pretty happy with the list now.
Thanks again, magicmonkey!