PDA

View Full Version : Mhotep Alive?!

Lord Lorne Walkier
18-10-2010, 06:54
Ok i know most will likely dismiss this right off the bat but i want to put my idea on the record. I re-read Battle for the Abyss and was stuck by something. Mhotep is speaking to Cestus. Cestus has just reluctantly asked him to mind rape the poor Word Bearer. Mhotep attempts to ease his concern...

"Ultramarine, there is no need to convey your reluctance to me. I am sure the account of this day, if such records ever come to pass given our current predicament, will state that you acted under the most confound duress,"

To me this is foreshadowing. This says to me that there will be record of the events that dose survive. The ironic way this would happen is for Mhotep to live to give the record first hand.

I know that at the end of the book Mhotep is in bad shape. He has just survived a fight with a daemon and has fallen into a part of the ship that is between decks. A ship that is trapped in the gravity well of a moon that is covered in rivers of lava. If that is not bad enough ,he "knows" he is dying, lying in a expanding pool of his own blood. Thats he bad news.

The good news is that he is Astartes, so his wounds might not be so fatal. There is a large UM fleet near by who witnessed the destruction of the Furious Abyss at the hands of Wrathful. They might be a bit curious as to how it all went down. The Wrathful might be on its way to crash into the moon but there is chance it could take long enough that a rescue party might be able to board and find Mhotep. Although he is had fallen into a unused part of the ship he was still near the bridge, the #1 place i would want to get to if i wanted answers.

I do realize that this is all a LONG shot but i can not help myself. The way i see it Mhotep was in no worse shape then Loken when we last saw him. If Loken could live through Istvaan III why not Mhotep survive the Wrathful? I could see Mhotep hooking up with Garro as he dose the bidding of Malcador. I think either the First Heretic or Oath of Moment will end any speculation on this topic. Any thoughts?

abasio
18-10-2010, 14:11
Probably dead. He may not have been in any worse shape than Loken, but Loken was a main character whereas Mhotep was just a side character in an unpopular novel.

With his psychic powers he might even have a better chance of surviving horrific wounds than a regular Astartes but then again with his psychic powers he might be in a better place to judge that he is really dying.

Either way I don't really think we'll be hearing more from Mhotep.

Thanatos_elNyx
18-10-2010, 14:22
Mhotep was the only reason I kept turning pages in that book. (The World Eater was cool as well)
Hopefully we shall see more of him, even if it were only a flashback.

Scorpius_78
18-10-2010, 15:16
Mhotep was the only reason I kept turning pages in that book. (The World Eater was cool as well)
Hopefully we shall see more of him, even if it were only a flashback.

Agreed 100%

Sadly it is unlikely that we will be hearing anything more outa him. But it would be nice.

Londinium
18-10-2010, 15:40
If he did survive he more than likely he had a bullet put in his head after Prospero if anyone of a particularly virilent anti-Thousand Sons agenda came across him. That or Garro recruits hims for his 'twelve'.

The First Heretic won't reveal anything about his fate as it deals mostly with a timeline well before Battle for the Abyss and runs up to Istvaan V, which is the other side of the Galaxy to where BFTA was set.

Lord Lorne Walkier
18-10-2010, 19:46
If he did survive he more than likely he had a bullet put in his head after Prospero if anyone of a particularly virilent anti-Thousand Sons agenda came across him. That or Garro recruits hims for his 'twelve'.

I am leaning to the latter. I don't think any of the loyalest, who came from traitor legions will be free to mingle with the common man.

The First Heretic won't reveal anything about his fate as it deals mostly with a timeline well before Battle for the Abyss and runs up to Istvaan V, which is the other side of the Galaxy to where BFTA was set.

Ah ok well i was just thinking maybe it would have some of the Calth action. I hear Oath of Moment will deal a bit with Calth so i will wait for that.

Tak
19-10-2010, 05:34
Wait a minute, you RE-READ it? As in, read it a SECOND time?:wtf:

But.....how....:shifty:...*sigh*