PDA

View Full Version : Poison attacks against ethereal

havoc626
18-10-2010, 10:09
How would attacks from a model with poison attacks (that aren't magical) be worked out against an ethereal model?

The poison attacks (assuming that you roll high enough for it) automatically wound, where as ethereal can't be wounded by non-magical attacks. It is a bit of the whole immovable object vs. unstoppable force, so I'm looking for opinions from others to work this one out.

eyescrossed
18-10-2010, 10:17
I think Ethereal supercedes Poisoned Attacks; Ethereals can't be wounded by non-Magical Attacks, and auto-wounding is still being wounded by a non-magical attack.

havoc626
18-10-2010, 10:26
Which is what I agree with, but just looking from a rules point of view, it's an auto-successful wound vs. auto-failed wound.

Lord_Elric
18-10-2010, 10:31
Which is what I agree with, but just looking from a rules point of view, it's an auto-successful wound vs. auto-failed wound.

this isnt the issue here as its not an auto fail to wound you simply cant hurt or even hit them if its not magical attack so you dont even roll to wound

Shas'O Vash
18-10-2010, 14:33
Ethereal models can't be harmed by attacks that cause non-magical wounds. There was a thread a few weeks ago concerning giant attacks which removed the model without causing wounds (stuff in pants). Something like this happening is the only way a non-magical attack can harm an ethereal unit. (Note: This was the general consensus of that thread. I do not want to restart the debate on magical pants here as this is NOT the original poster's question. I'm merely showcasing an instance in which a non-magical attack can (possibly) hurt an ethereal unit.)