PDA

View Full Version : WoC 750 point list

BaSe
18-10-2010, 13:03
Im joining a club this week and they are doing small battles which have just been raised to 750 points. This makes life a little tough for woc I feel but I think ive put a good list together. Opinions please-

Chaos Sorcerer
Level 2, Tzeentch Magic, Spell Familiar, Biting Blade and Talisman of protection

18 Chaos Warriors
Full command, Shields
Mark of Khorne

20 Chaos Marauders
Full command, Flails
Mark of Khorne

6 Chaos Warhounds

6 Chaos Warhounds

My plan is for the hounds to flank either side and the warriors and marauders to charge as they do best. I hope the magic will assist well (3 spells should give me some damage postential).

theJ
18-10-2010, 13:23
A few points:
*Doesn't taking Tzeentch magic require you to have a mark of Tzeentch? Perhaps you've already included that in the price of the character, in which case - fool's on me, just thought I'd throw it out there.
*Hounds ain't all that powerful, as far as I'm aware. Just about any player could take them out in quick order, at which point you'll have a pretty hard time doing any fancy manouvering. Have you considered adding a unit of marauder horsies or even chaos knights in place of one of them?

Don't take my words for the one and only truth, as I'm rather new myself, just thought I'd throw it out there.

BaSe
18-10-2010, 13:30
A few points:
*Doesn't taking Tzeentch magic require you to have a mark of Tzeentch? Perhaps you've already included that in the price of the character, in which case - fool's on me, just thought I'd throw it out there.
*Hounds ain't all that powerful, as far as I'm aware. Just about any player could take them out in quick order, at which point you'll have a pretty hard time doing any fancy manouvering. Have you considered adding a unit of marauder horsies or even chaos knights in place of one of them?

Don't take my words for the one and only truth, as I'm rather new myself, just thought I'd throw it out there.

1) Sorry yes the mark has been included in the level 2.
2) The main reason im taking the dogs is due to lack of points to get something useful I agree they are poor however if they take a round of shooting (as there isnt going to be that much fire power at that level then they have done a good job. Either that or they can go war machine hunting and again stop some fire power. My aim is to ensure the fighters can get through to combat.

Brady
18-10-2010, 20:42
Looks solid, keep the hounds becuase at 750 points by putting the hounds down first you can pretty much assure that your warriors can be deployed right in front of the meat of your opponents army. Like you said, if your opponent fancies spending what little firepower he is likely to have at your dogs then by all means let them!!!

jthdotcom
19-10-2010, 21:35
I like it, but I would probably change the sorcerers biting blade for an enchanted shield for a 2+ armour save

BaSe
20-10-2010, 11:33
I may well add the shield. Thanks. I suppose I shouldn't get him any where near combat anyway.

BaSe
21-10-2010, 22:28
Well did alright with this small list. Played three games.

Against Vampires- destroyed all

Against Empire- destroyed all

Against Tomb Kings- Lost :(

I had some seriosuly bad rolls and made a couple of silly mistakes so had to admit defeat

Overall very happy however.