PDA

View Full Version : Trying some house rules, need your input!

BrotherNefarius
18-10-2010, 13:11
Hey guys,

Following the 8th edition, my gaming team is going to go for some house rules. Please give me your thoughts about them!

1. No more extending spells, only basic ones are available. No more AoE buff / debuff. No more 24" snipe spells, etc... Should help making magic more balanced.

2. One of our players play VC... they really got f*cked this edition so... No more army crumbling when General dies. Possibly removing crumbling overall. The units are overcosted, which takes in the fact that they can replenish them. Even their deathstar build can be nullified with 1 banner (eternal flame).

You guys git any more ideas of good house rules?

bluemage
18-10-2010, 13:25
To be honest, I don't like any of your house rules. I'd rather just play the game out of the book. I also disagree that vampire counts are rubbish now. You just need to stop thinking that 7th ed vampire playstyles will still work.

My question is why you feel those house rules are needed. What about that game isn't working for your group? Answer those questions and it'll be much easier to say what house rules you might want to try out.

TMATK
18-10-2010, 13:36
Hey guys,

Following the 8th edition, my gaming team is going to go for some house rules. Please give me your thoughts about them!

1. No more extending spells, only basic ones are available. No more AoE buff / debuff. No more 24" snipe spells, etc... Should help making magic more balanced.

2. One of our players play VC... they really got f*cked this edition so... No more army crumbling when General dies. Possibly removing crumbling overall. The units are overcosted, which takes in the fact that they can replenish them. Even their deathstar build can be nullified with 1 banner (eternal flame).

You guys git any more ideas of good house rules?

Everyone's just going to bash you for changing the rules in this section. You should re-post this in Rules Development, or ask a mod to move the thread.