PDA

View Full Version : whither Terror?

MrMorton
18-10-2010, 19:40
Sorry if this is a repeat but I can't for the life of me figure out what Terror does in the 8th edition rulebook. Under its entry in the special rules it just explains that terror causes fear if you cause fear and all that stuff, but nothing that tells the actual effect of terror. Any help is appreciated!

TMATK
18-10-2010, 19:44
Sorry if this is a repeat but I can't for the life of me figure out what Terror does in the 8th edition rulebook. Under its entry in the special rules it just explains that terror causes fear if you cause fear and all that stuff, but nothing that tells the actual effect of terror. Any help is appreciated!

It's a sub-section under Terror - 'Run for your lives'

Basically you take a ld test if charged by a terror causer. Fail it and you flee.

narrativium
18-10-2010, 19:45
It mentions additional effects if you charge, I believe.

TMATK
18-10-2010, 19:47
It mentions additional effects if you charge, I believe.

Nope, thankfully there's no more fear/terror rules in 8th when it comes to making a charge; only when receiving, and only for terror, not fear.

Ramius4
18-10-2010, 19:48
To be precise, if you are charged by a model that causes Terror, you must take an immediate Panic test. This is right in the rule for Terror.

And, they cause fear, which you have to test for at the start of combat.

Lord_Elric
18-10-2010, 19:50
Yes no more terror bombing

The Grim
19-10-2010, 00:44
Well, there's the possibility for terror sniping.

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 00:55
yes im sure that wort of thing will be appearing in many slaneeshy armies using death magic soon enuf lol

Archangelion
19-10-2010, 00:56
lmao! I was freaking out myself for the first little while when I was reading the rules for Terror. I didn't read the 'run for your lives' section either and thought to myself 'wow, way to totaly pooch fear GW!' Then, in sheer desperation, and anger! I re-read the ENTIRE special rules section, and finally came to the 'hidden' section and breathed a sigh of relief.

Hallock
20-10-2010, 04:23
the thing with Terror and the 8th edition is that we can assume that being charged by something totally terrifying can cause the knees to shake but when charging a terrifying (something) we can assume that the charger has the smarts and wits to know what it is doing...so to speak..

new rules can be a tough transition but worth it because we all need a cleanse from the 7th..

Hallock

Paz
20-10-2010, 07:10
To be precise, if you are charged by a model that causes Terror, you must take an immediate Panic test. This is right in the rule for Terror.

And, they cause fear, which you have to test for at the start of combat.
I doubt it. If Terror is realy a Panic Test why it's not written with capital letter like other rules do. Maybe it's a mistake, but... if they realy wanted Terror to be treated exactly like a Panic Test then why in Immune to Psyche special rule is written "Panic Test and Terror" not just Panic Test??

Archangelion
20-10-2010, 10:06
Terror causes a charged unit to take a panic test. There is no question about it, it is written as plain as day. The abscence of capital letters is irrelivant. Read the words.

Eltharil
20-10-2010, 15:21
...why in Immune to Psyche special rule is written "Panic Test and Terror" not just Panic Test??

Cause u can be immune to panic and not to terror, like long beard, in that case no need for the panic test if charged by 'terror unit' but still get the fear effect from terror.

Paz
20-10-2010, 17:18
In ItP rule you can find "terror test". What is it then? a panic test? no cause in ItP it's already said about "panic test". Fear test? no, same here.

TMATK
20-10-2010, 17:29
Ah, looks like you found a possible mistake?

Since terror causes panic tests, immune to panic makes you immune to terror. Considering they separated the tests under the ITP rules, it's possible that wasn't intended.

Kalandros
20-10-2010, 18:14
Panic makes you immune to that part of the Terror rule, not to the entire rule of terror.

Terror still makes you take a Fear Test in close combat to see if your WS is reduced.

Ramius4
20-10-2010, 19:15
Ah, looks like you found a possible mistake?

I don't think it's a mistake, it seems quite deliberate.

Panic makes you immune to that part of the Terror rule, not to the entire rule of terror.

Terror still makes you take a Fear Test in close combat to see if your WS is reduced.

Exactly.

Eltharil
20-10-2010, 19:32
As i said.

Terror is a kind of super fear combining panic test in a particular situation and fear test.

Paz
20-10-2010, 20:31
As i said.

Terror is a kind of super fear combining panic test in a particular situation and fear test.So they just needed to put "fear and panic test" in ItP rule, cause terror is a fear and a panic test. But they didnt.

Lord_Elric
20-10-2010, 20:39
So they just needed to put "fear and panic test" in ItP rule, cause terror is a fear and a panic test. But they didnt.

so your arguing that GW have made there ItP rule "too" clear then????

Eltharil
20-10-2010, 20:48
So they just needed to put "fear and panic test" in ItP rule, cause terror is a fear and a panic test. But they didnt.

Fear part of terror is not a basic fear test cause it works against unit with the fear rule.

Unit causing fear is immuned to fear but not to terror. That's a good reason to get a note about terror test in ITP rule.

Example: a unit of chaos ogres, causing fear and immuned to it.
Give it MoS. If ITP was only for 'fear&panic test', slaanshi ogres would be feared by a terror unit like a dragon.
With ITP rule as in the brb (fear, panic, terror test), it wouldn't be feared by the same dragon.
As you see, there is a reason for talking about terror in ITP rule

I feel sorry but you post is not relevant at all.

Paz
21-10-2010, 09:59
Unit causing fear is immuned to fear but not to terror. That's a good reason to get a note about terror test in ITP rule.Now I agree. EOT for me