PDA

View Full Version : Use a Daemon Prince as something else?

Dark_Mage99
19-10-2010, 09:10
I hear a lot of people praising the daemon prince model, but discarding it in game as not very effective for its points.

Personally I love the prince. But for those of you who don't like using one, but love the model -- do you use it as anything else, just to get some mileage out of a pretty darn nice mini?

If so, what?

Memnos
19-10-2010, 09:15
I took the Demon Prince and used the Spawn single-eyed head and made a Cygor out of it.

Darth ryanus
19-10-2010, 09:24
I am thinking of using them as blood crusher stand ins in my Slaanesh themed army.

ftayl5
19-10-2010, 10:33
I was thinking of using one as an orc warboss on a wyvern, as if Mork or Gork saw the chaos gods bestowing gifts and decided to have try.
Sadly the wyvern is a multiwound model so if it dies, or if the rider dies, what happens to the daemon prince?

decker_cky
19-10-2010, 17:14
I used my belakor as a jabberslythe in 7th edition, but now a jabberslythe has become an even worse deal than a daemon prince (in their respective armies). Maybe I'll use it as a doombull on a magic carpet now?

RMacDeezy
19-10-2010, 18:04
i use it as a missile weapon to be hurled at my opponent when he brings the popemobile, 4 warrior priests and tons of flagellants and mortars

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 18:08
i use it as a missile weapon to be hurled at my opponent when he brings the popemobile, 4 warrior priests and tons of flagellants and mortars

Nah the old one is way more effective in this role than the new one lol

Jind_Singh
21-10-2010, 20:22
I used mine as a Deamon Prince of Khorne, Prince of Slaanesh, and the 3rd one is unmarked! I prefer the prince over greater daemons in 8th ed :D

My 4th one I got will be used as a Lord Commander of the Emperors Children when I do a little 40k warband for them.

So not only do I love the models I also love using them in the game!!!

Lord Inquisitor
21-10-2010, 20:36
There's nothing wrong with using the Daemon Prince as a Daemon Prince and using it effectively ... it just needs to be on a round base for that... ;)

I've seen some great Verminlord conversions floating around and I'm tempted to try that out for my skaven. Rat's head, some fur, a glaive, works really well.

VoodooJanus
22-10-2010, 07:12
Maybe I'll use it as a doombull on a magic carpet now?

This always makes me laugh. Nobody else understands it. It's just that I get this image of a massive angry minotaur singing 'a whole new world' whilst soaring delicately through the clouds. Good stuff.