PDA

View Full Version : Treason of Tzeentch + Dark Elves

Rochr
19-10-2010, 17:31
Hello.

If I cast Treason of Tzeentch on a Dark Elf unit that is not immune to psychology do I reroll the hits for Eternal Hatred? It seems Dark Elves hate everyone, including other Dark Elves. Two DE armies would use hatred against eachothers right? This issue came up last night when I played against a local Dark Elf player and none of us really knew how it works.

Best regards.

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 17:40
Hmm interesting question it depends on wether or not the units special rules are used when attacking themselves (such as pioson or killing blow) however if theres nothing that stop special rules from taking effect then id definatly say so

Bodysnatcher
19-10-2010, 17:52
I'd say they hate each other - easy gamewise and awesome fluffwise!

theunwantedbeing
19-10-2010, 18:00
Hatred is round 1, not ongoing.
So they won't re-roll against each other despite hating each other.

Black Guard will, but they have a different rule that grants re-rolls in subsequent rounds.

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 18:04

Black Guard will, but they have a different rule that grants re-rolls in subsequent rounds.

True Iremember this being stated somewhere else its treated as an ongoing combat so no Str bonus from flails either

theunwantedbeing
19-10-2010, 18:05
True Iremember this being stated somewhere else its treated as an ongoing combat so no Str bonus from flails either

Erm...it says it's treated as an ongoing combat in the spell description.

Just so you know that is, you probably do know, I just felt like saying for completeness sake, rather than because anyone in this thread may be unaware of the wording of the spell in question.

Rochr
19-10-2010, 18:20

Black Guards are ItP I think so it does not work on them.

Thanks for clearing it up tho.

stripsteak
19-10-2010, 23:43
also as a side note (if it counted as a first combat round), eternal hatred is they hate all 'opposing models' so they don't hate themselves, though they do hate enemy dark elves... they aren't that emo :)