PDA

View Full Version : Spell Combos......

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 16:58
We all know magic can now be devestating when you start combining spells especialy using to diferent lores.

we all know the combo of Melkoths M' M' and Purple sun/Pit of Shades

I Recently noticed another cross lore combo

Melkoths M'M' (reduce WS by D3) -or- Word of pain "DE Lore" (WS= 1)

then casting Transmutation of lead (-1 WS) but this doesnt have the (to a minimum of 1) limit.

effectivly rendering any combat unit (Not a certainty if using melkoths) Automaticly hit in combat AND unable to attack back for a full 2 Rounds of combat (both last until casters next magic phase) and have relativly low casting values and decent ranges

I was simply wondering if anyone has noticed anything else That works in such away ???

RMacDeezy
19-10-2010, 17:06
enfeebling foe (sp?) + dwellers or caress of laniph, wind blast + flame cage

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 17:16
enfeebling foe (sp?) + dwellers

Yeh they are common knowledge though as theier being combined with the uber spells to make then more uber.
I only noticed the CC cripple double spell above today after reading the books god knows how many times lol
Im wondering if people dont mind sharing things theyeve noticed that isnt common knowledge yet mayb to coliding spells in a chaos army or a spell and a special rule

Avian
19-10-2010, 18:11
Enfeebling Foe (reduce Strength by D3) or The Withering (same for Toughness) and the Nurgle spell Curse of the Leper (reduce S & T by 1 per turn, if either reaches 0 you die). More or less the same as Enfeebling + Dwellers, but much easier to do as the Leper spell has a better range and is much easier to cast.

decker_cky
19-10-2010, 18:20
I Recently noticed another cross lore combo

Melkoths M'M' (reduce WS by D3) -or- Word of pain "DE Lore" (WS= 1)

then casting Transmutation of lead (-1 WS) but this doesnt have the (to a minimum of 1) limit.

effectivly rendering any combat unit (Not a certainty if using melkoths) Automaticly hit in combat AND unable to attack back for a full 2 Rounds of combat (both last until casters next magic phase) and have relativly low casting values and decent ranges

Not possible. Hexes don't take stats below 1 unless they specify otherwise as per the italics on page 31.

-----

I managed to get Withering on a wizards hat warlord for my skaven and wither on a plague priest. That let me remove a few units when I got them off together.

I like wind blast and flaming cage for armies that have easy access to it. Amusing combo.

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 18:26
it says "not normaly" and every other spell that reduces stats have (to a minimum of 1) stated in their descriptions though ill have to have a read in a bit lol

Lord_Elric
19-10-2010, 18:35
Enfeebling Foe (reduce Strength by D3) or The Withering (same for Toughness) and the Nurgle spell Curse of the Leper (reduce S & T by 1 per turn, if either reaches 0 you die). More or less the same as Enfeebling + Dwellers, but much easier to do as the Leper spell has a better range and is much easier to cast.

I like this very much so its possible to wipe out a S or T 4 unit in a single magic phase once more if u only roll a one on either enfeeble or withering you can cast the other one for a second try very nice indeed both being RiP spells to is nasty

Tae
19-10-2010, 18:55
The Withering on a unit of Night Goblins who promptly roll a 1 for their nets :D

decker_cky
19-10-2010, 19:08
it says "not normaly" and every other spell that reduces stats have (to a minimum of 1) stated in their descriptions though ill have to have a read in a bit lol

Some state limits, others don't. Not normally means you need to have a line making it an exception (like Wither for skaven which specifies reduction of toughness to zero). Without that exception, spells limit stats to being between 1 and 10.

The Withering on a unit of Night Goblins who promptly roll a 1 for their nets :D

Enfeebling foe you mean? ;)

Fun find there.

Tae
20-10-2010, 07:08
Enfeebling foe you mean? ;)

Fun find there.

Oh yeah, lol.

But yes, nothing more amusing than watch a unit of 80 Night Goblins throw a 1 on their nets roll (which they have to use) and kill themselves :D

rocdocta
20-10-2010, 08:15
mindrazor+ zombies+helm of command = ws6 str 10 zombies! just the thought is full of win let alone it occurring!

Hashulaman
28-10-2010, 08:42
Just cast Enfeebling foe or Withering first, it was FAQ'd that if Curse of the Leper is cast on a unit already at S1 they count as wiped out. Oddly enough it doesn't say T1 units along with the S1 units, does that mean T1 units are Immune?

reddevil18
28-10-2010, 08:49
If you read curse of the leapers description it says if any of the stats its effecting is reduced to 0 the unit is dead/removed from play. That includes T.

Hashulaman
28-10-2010, 08:59
I indeed know the Nurgle and Tzeentch spells by heart, but it's the FAQ that made little sense, why only mention S and not T?

Anyways Enfeebling foe/Withering followerd by Leper is a great way to make a unit rot away. Miasma and Pit is lovely too, could also try Purple sun buyt it is more random than Pit. Miasma and Blizzard also are nice, there is also Doom and Darkness followed by Hellshriek. That is all I can think of at the moment.

Stumpy
28-10-2010, 09:38
Enfeebling+net of amyntok.

LAV-Kitsune-
28-10-2010, 09:44
Lore of fire
5. Fulminating flame cage + 2. Wind blast (lore of heavens)
Pushesh unit back and inflicts massive damage to every model in it.

Lore of metal
2. Enchanted blades + 5. transmutation of lead
Usually benefits you +2 to hit by first lowering opponents WS and then giving you +1 to hit. Also gives nice -2 armor save bonus.

Lore of Light
1. Phas protection + 2. Speed of light
Opponent usually needs 6's to hit you and you need 3+ to hit opponent. Also this negates ASF bonus almost every time.

2. Speed of light + 6. Birona’s timewarp
I10 and ASF, yes please. You will likely hit on 3+ and reroll misses. Both of these combos are nice, since you can cast them to ALL units in 12".

4. Net of amyntok + 2. Enfeebling foe (lore of shadows)
Throw this to necromancer unit or slann unit and see how it fails every single spell, cannot move or pretty much do anything.

Lore of shadow
S. Mystifiying miasma + 4. Pendulum / 5. pit of shades
As mentioned above this is pretty solid. Lower I and then blast away the elite units.

1. steed of shadows + 4. Pendulum
Move your wizard to good position and snipe whole battleline and big monsters / warmachines on one shot.

Lore of death
3. Soulblight/shadow debuffs + 2. Caress of laniph / 5. Fate of Bjuna
Bit easier character sniping

Sijeri's Hex scroll + S. Spirit leech / 2. Caress of Laniph / 5. Fate of Bjuna
Turn your foe to frog and snipe him with his 1 statlines.

And then ofcourse some old good ones from daemons book:
Doom and Darkness + Pavane of Slaanesh / Slicing shards of slaanesh / Phantasmagoria

The withering + plaguewind and you got TONS of nurglings all over the place. And ofcourse Miasma + shrivelling pox in melee to kill characters.

Pulstar
28-10-2010, 12:35
Withering + Flames of the Phoenix

Sandals
28-10-2010, 21:15
Gut Magic :p