PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Warherd

Gloomwhisker
20-10-2010, 01:09
Hey there all. It's been a long while since I've started a new army completely from scratch, and hence written up an army list smaller than what I'd consider "full-fledged". This is my first shot at putting together a decent, all-round 1000 point starter Beastmen army. Let me know what you think, and what possible changes I could make.

Wargor-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sword of Might
Gouge-Tusks
Gnarled Hide

20 Gor-
Foe-render
Musician
Standard Bearer
Additional Hand Weapons

20 Ungor-
Halfhorn
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spears

5 Ungor Raiders

5 Ungor Raiders

15 Bestigor-
Gouge-horn
Musician
Standard Bearer
Standard of Discipline

3 Minotaurs-
Bloodkine
Sword of Swift Slaying
Musician
Standard Bearer
Additional Hand Weapons

TOTAL 998pts.

Honestly I really like it. Of course, I could be somewhat off in my initial estimates of the Beastmen army itself, but....well, just let me know. I feel as though I've got some heavy hitters in the form of the Minotaurs and the Bestigor, and some solid backbone in the form of both varieties of Gor. The Ungor Raiders are there for some skirmish support, and one unit of them can do some Ambushing. The Wargor is there to add some killing power to the unit of Gor he'll accompany, and also a Ld boost to the rest of the army(save for the Bestigor, of course).

Like I said, all in all, I'm happy with this initial list, but I'm very interested to see what you all have to say about it. Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave a reply with anything you may be thinking regarding this, and even potential expansion projects you think this army would benefit from.

Gloomwhisker

Gloomwhisker
20-10-2010, 03:32
I've also worked up a potential 500 point addition to the above army. Let me know what you think of this as well.

Gorebull-
Battle Standard Bearer
Heavy Armour
Shield
Gold Sigil Sword
Ramhorn Helm
Luckstone

Bray-Shaman-
Lore of Beasts
Level 2 Wizard
Stone of Spite

+4 Gor-
Additional Hand Weapons
(takes unit up to 24-strong)

+9 Ungor-
Spears
(takes unit up to 29-strong)

+4 Bestigor
(takes unit up to 19-strong)

Army TOTAL 1499pts.

Gloomwhisker

Satan
20-10-2010, 11:58
Looks solid for those point levels. You're going to want chariot though if you're expanding to 2000+ pts.

But I'd either go 20 or 40 Ungors or none at all if I were you.

Gloomwhisker
20-10-2010, 14:43
Thanks, Satan, I appreciate the words of encouragement. Looking over some other 1000 and 1500 points lists for other armies, I've been a little worried that this just wasn't a stand-up list...but I'm glad to see you think it is:)

I really like it, and I'm not sure how else I'd even want to go about making a small army of Beastmen if it wasn't like that, so I'm very glad for the support. Definitely some Razorgor Chariot(s) are going to be added at the 2000 point level. In fact, I'm thinking that at the 2000 point level, it's going to be less of just another 500 point addition, and more of a complete overhaul of the list...so I should be able to fit in all the nasty stuff I'd like(well, not ALL of it...).

You'd suggest knocking down the Ungor unit addition at 1500 points, Satan, keeping them at 20-strong? Well, I can definitely appreciate that, as those points could easily be spent beefing up another units that really needs it, or even adding something else. At 1500 points, do you think a unit of 20 will do the same job as a unit of 29-30?

Thanks again, Satan! I really appreciate the support.

Gloomwhisker