PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Khorne Army...

shnarf83
20-10-2010, 04:04
I was all set on starting a Dwarf force but when I came to ordering I quickly had a flick through the Warriors of Chaos Army book and suddenly had doubts to which force to choose! :( Upon Purchasing the Army book and having a look over the models range I am pretty sure of going with an all Khorne based force... I've got a rough idea of what I want in the force.. I want to start with only a 1000pts as this should be manageable to paint and get some experience with pretty quickly.. I've noticed quite a few WoC collectors and especially Khorne players on this forum and wondered whether you have any advice?? I definitely want an Exalted Champion on a Chariot to lead this small force, along with some Chaos Warriors with extra hand weapons but apart from that I'm not sure what else to include in a 1000pt force... the plan is to eventually have a Chaos Lord on Juggernaught (that model is awesome!) lead my force with some Chaos Knights... have his 2nd in Command on the Chariot + a block of Chaos Warriors + a Hell Cannon + whatever other creatures take form but that'll be around the 2000pt mark... Any suggested army lists would help as I'm scratching my head a bit here... I definitely want the Exalted Champion on a Chariot though...I think it would just strike fear into the the opposition too much!

Cheers:evilgrin:

Akrilyk
22-10-2010, 07:25
I'm just returning to warhammer and looking to bolster my pure Khorne army, so I'm no expert, but essentially what I understand to be a good starting place is probably

1 battle standard bearer
30 marauders with great weapons
18 warriors with halberds and shields (because frenzy negates the hand weapon/shield bonus if I remember correctly)

all with marks of khorne

personally I was also looking at taking some monstrous infantry... chaos ogres with a mark of khorne would make for a sweet model, although tactica says that trolls are better.

theorox
22-10-2010, 07:30
Halberds are better than AdHW, but both are managable. :)

Buy whatever you want, i started my WoC recently with the batallion+3 warriorboxes...i could have gone with 2, but if something's worth doing, it's worth OVERDOING! :evilgrin:

Good luck, pick whatever you want and tell us how it went.

Theo