PDA

View Full Version : WoC vs HE 8000pt

reddevil18
20-10-2010, 11:51
Hey, ill be playing an 8000 point game against a high elf army and im looking for feedback on my list :)

Archaon, The Everchosen @ 685.0 Pts
7 The Swords of Chaos of Khorne @ 375.0 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Standard; Musician, Champion
Banner of Swiftness

1 Galrauch, The Great Drake @ 616.0 Pts

1 Wulfrik the Wanderer @ 185.0 Pts
60 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 470.0 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Standard;
Musician, Champion

5 Marauder Horsemen of Tzeentch @ 140.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Standard; Musician, Champion

Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Standard; Musician, Champion

1 Festus the Leechlord @ 185.0 Pts
39 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle @ 797.0 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Great Weapon; Shield;
Standard; Musician, Champion
Banner of Rage [35.0]

1 Troll King Throgg @ 175.0 Pts
7 Trolls @ 315.0 Pts

1 Vilitch the Curseling @ 395.0 Pts
19 Chosen of Khorne @ 465.0 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Halberd; Shield; Standard; Musician
Gleaming Pendant [5.0]

7 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 405.0 Pts
Banner of Wrath [45.0]

7 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 400.0 Pts
Blasted Standard [40.0]

6 Dragon Ogres @ 482.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour, Champion

1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch @ 150.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch

1 Hellcannon @ 205.0 Pts

3 Chaos Spawn of Khorne @ 150 Pts
Mark of Khorne

1 Scyla Anfingrimm @ 105.0 Pts

1 Chaos Giant of Nurgle @ 265.0 Pts
Mark of Nurgle

1 * Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 224.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Halberd; Shield; Battle Standard
Talisman of Preservation [45.0]
Charmed Shield [5.0]
Disc of Tzeentch

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 170.0 Pts
No Mark; Lore of Fire; Magic Level 2
Feedback Scroll [50.0]

1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth @ 285.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

Models in Army: 185

Total Army Cost: 7999.0

Any feed back would be great :D

ROCKY
20-10-2010, 13:39
your characters are too expensive for what you need and their units are too small. archaon in a unit of 7 knights will get throttled by the lore of metal. in a massive game like this, where your opponent will have HORDES of soldiers with low armor and asf, and your taking ONE hellcannon? you are basically pulling up a skirt with a sign to your butt saying insert boot here. you need at least 4 hellcannons. I noticed your army is trying to be a fast army with lots of cav. this is not a good idea in such a large scale. you will be outnumbered. they will wear you down and you will probably not even dent his lines. invest in lots of big units/hellcannons and minimize expensive things like galrauch who can and will cause you a lot of grief rather than comfort.

BaSe
21-10-2010, 16:10
I was expecting to see numerous units of warriors. That would look so good in a big game.

D'Haran
21-10-2010, 18:24
Looks like you're trying to run an 8k list with the models from a 3k list + every special character you can lay your hands on to fill in your points. This is neither balanced nor effective.

At 8k you should have 2.3x the troops you take at 3k, you should be making more units of troops and make the units larger... Units like 7 knights or 5 Marauder Horsemen are poorly thought out as they're too small to be effective, especially since at 8k the table should be choked with troops and flanking will be almost non existent.

Also you have to assume your units will get blocked behind your other troops, you have to set the game up to have at least 2 waves of troops. Also as Rocky pointed out 3-4 hell cannons would be hell against those squishy elves, or at least take another shrine or two.

In my 2.5k HE list I run more than half the models you are fielding, at 8k I'd probably run about 300 models min as a HE, you have half that in your list.

DwD
21-10-2010, 20:38
You are gonna need a ton more units heh, the guy I play vs that got Chaos got more units in his 2.5K list than you do in yours-_-

Imagine the High Elf will probably have something like 7 bolt throwers, you'll be dead in the 1st shooting phase(ok not really but almost)

reddevil18
22-10-2010, 15:04
if you look in my painting thread thats linked in my sig i think it has a full model list of everything i own if it will help.

Tarian
22-10-2010, 15:22
Problem is that HE elites hit very hard, and you need some bodies to absorb the blow. I agree with the other posters that 7 Chaos Knights won't do much to, say, a block of White Lions, and get mulched in return.

bonertron
22-10-2010, 16:20
I actually just played a similar game a couple weekends ago, but it was 5,000 points, and I was the High Elves. Expect Teclis, and another level 4 caster. I also wouldnt bother focusing on magic, because there will be at least 1 guaranteed Drain Magic... you arent going to get anything off.

Play with big blocks, with lots of armor, and WATCH OUT FOR LORE OF LIFE. The thing that will kill you is a block of swordmasters/seaguard with a buffed toughness 7 (irresistable, most likely, due to Teclis). If you have small blocks, you are going to end up losing attacks, because the HE strike first. You need bigger blocks than them, to soak up the wounds, and not lose attacks. MOAR MARAUDERS!!!!

If anything, Id drop all the special characters... Galaruch is gonna get smoked on the first turn by bolt throwers... in 8000 points, your opponent should have about 8 of them.

ROCKY
22-10-2010, 20:59
What you need to do my friend besides what we all suggested in the previous posts, is get to love your army, play the game several times in 1000,1500,2000 point levels until you get the hang of how your army should play, then to play these big games you will realize that u need to either buy or borrow key units that are needed regardless of game sizes (hard hitting character but not expensive, lots of units of warriors and marauders and hounds). trust me you will have more fun in the smaller games for now. when you slowly build up your army then by all means play bigger games. but jumping this high will overwhelm you. why not find some skaven, darkelf, vc players to help you out? 8000points of high elves against 8000points of the combined above.