PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Wood Elves: All Comers list, LifeWeaver + Treeman

BluePojo
20-10-2010, 19:07
I generally play against Dwarves, High Elves and Tomb Kings at my group... interested to see if my list has a bias or if it's a generally well rounded list.

Posted here: http://skirmisher.net/1

puckus10
20-10-2010, 22:21
i like the list. it has the basic neccestities but i definetly think you should get musicians for your units. Thats all!

BluePojo
20-10-2010, 22:39
Any ideas where I can free up points for musicians?

I was thinking maybe drop 2 Dryads for 2x9 and 1x10 dryad units?

Time of Madness
21-10-2010, 13:08
You should be dropping the standards on the glade guard. I'd also look at running minimum sized units of dryads (units of 8).

I'd also highly suggest dropping the stone of rebirth in favour of the talisman of preservation. A 4+ ward save all the time is much better then a one use only 2+ ward save.

I'd also look at giving the noble either the oaken armour or armour of destiny for a 4+ save.
Time of Madness

Witchblade
21-10-2010, 16:59
I'd also highly suggest dropping the stone of rebirth in favour of the talisman of preservation. A 4+ ward save all the time is much better then a one use only 2+ ward save.

Without factoring in multi-wound weapons that skip your last wound, a 2+ ward on your last wound is statistically equal to 8 wounds without a save, while the 4+ ward makes you equal to 6 wounds without ward. Plus, the talisman is more expensive, so I generally prefer the stone.

BluePojo
22-10-2010, 14:37
Glade Guard are the only units in my list that can take standards, and I don't want to lose that one scenario simply due to not having standards.

Also, yeah, given Look Out Sir taking care of most multiwound issues on a 2+, I figured Rebirth was a good choice.

Also, my BSB only has 10pts left to spend, so a decent save on him is hard to come by. Are you advocating a save over Hail of Doom Arrow?

shay
25-10-2010, 16:16
Well, Ive only played a few games with my new wood elves army so far, but I dont think the wand of whych elm is all that great. First I thought it sounded great, but the thing is that its to depending on the "winds of magic" dices. If your playing a magic heavy opponent, for example high elfs or lizardmen, they will at many times during the game outnumber your dispell dices in a way that makes the wand useless. For example playing high elfs, lets assume the roll is 4+3, so youve got 4 dices to dispell with, and hes probably got the banner of sorcery so likely hes got 9 or even 10 dices to your 4. A good player will make good use of those dices and altough the wand can stop one of those nasty spells, itll hardly stop more than that.
the Divination orb however can force your opponent to cast with less dice meaning youll probably have a greater chance at dispelling a few spells.

So my advice would be to drop the wand in favour of the orb, gaining 30 points to get yourself those much needed musician updates on your glade guards.

puckus10
25-10-2010, 20:24
i would drop the HODA for a ward save