PDA

View Full Version : Wood elves (2,4)

thesheriff
20-10-2010, 19:32
Zup :D. Got a list from an army i started in 7th thats been revised for some good old warseer brand C+C

Charecters
*Spellweaver (lore of life), Wand of Wych elm, talismain of preservation, Steed = 386
*Noble, BSB, armour of Silverd steel, luckstone = 150

Core
*16 Glade guard w. musician and stanndard, Banner of eternal flame = 225
*16 Glade guard w. musician and stanndard = 210

Special
*5 Treekin = 325
*5 Treekin = 325

Rare
*Treeman = 285
*Treeman = 285

Total = 2,401

Plan is simple. Use the amazing wood elf como of swift reform, no penaltys for stand and shoot, S4-short range bows to blat the enemy at close range, and wollop anything in arms reach with T5+ trees. Also, a spellweaver is awsome with extra dispel help and life.

whydya think?

thesheriff

puckus10
20-10-2010, 22:26
It does seem very simple! It has our best units and you have the possibility of dominating every phase. The only problem is that I could never use that army cause of the cost!:eek: But other than that it looks like it will kick as*

thesheriff
21-10-2010, 10:39
My biggest criticism of the 8th ed rules on WE is that the best units n the book are ranked and just not as quick as you would expect. And I an blessed with 12 treekin, so I was in good stead for the new addition.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
21-10-2010, 14:34
TreeWhack FTW!
Eat splinter biyatch!

I still like dryads for covering flanks as they are cheap,fast,tough,cause fear and have stupid I 6........small units though.

thesheriff
21-10-2010, 20:31
But, GG are as expensive as dryads, and can do alot more, and alot futher away. I know they work on paper, but when i used dryads they tended to not have the combat res to help, they cant take away ranks, and you only get 1 supporting attack. it just doesnt way up for me.

WoodElfGeneral
26-10-2010, 21:58
I am not super experienced in 8th, but based on what i have seen here are my suggestions.

Run the tree kin in groups of six for a rank bonus.
Put the glade guard in smaller units so you can hit multiple targets and cut down on wasted shots. Units of 12 work well.

bluemage
26-10-2010, 22:07
Not sure if this was a typo, but wood elves have the -1 penalty to stand and shoot. What they ignore is the penalty for moving and shooting.

As for the list, I would reduce the size of your glade guard units so you could bring a unit of dryads. The extra deployment will help and sometimes your treekin, treeman can use the extra combat support.

My other complaint with your list is that it seems to be lacking a way to take out warmachines. I'm guessing you'll just shoot any cannons you come across. But it might be worth it to drop a treeman, so you could increase your treekin units to 6 models each and then add two great eagles.

Brady
27-10-2010, 09:01
Maybe put crown of command on the BSB so that you could make the treekin stubborn, oh wait, they already are stubborn :p

On a serious note the list looks good, bring it down today and i will give it a go :) I wouldnt imagine you need any thing to protect your flanks if you just put a treeman on each. Looks solid though the only way to know for sure is to give it some trial runs.

thesheriff
30-10-2010, 12:44
Brady - the first thing I don't want to see when I get back from the medditeranian is a *********** treekin joke. **** you!

thesheriff
22-11-2010, 16:37
Had a freindly breakdown but i'm alright, Its a private joke because i used to think that treekin WERE stubboorn. So dont phone the police, i'm not gonna kill him

But in all seriousness, he's got a point. And i realised i only have 8 treekin. So heres what i am now thinking;

Charecters
*Spellweaver (lore of life), Wand of Wych elm, talismain of preservation, Steed = 386
*Noble, Crown of command, enchanted shield, light armour, steed = 143

Core
*15 Glade guard w. musician and stanndard = 198

Special
*4 Treekin = 260
*4 Treekin = 260

Rare
*Treeman = 285
*Treeman = 285

Total = 2,396

The use of the treekin might of been misinterprated. They will it on the flanks in 2x2, and wait for someone to drw to my line. They will then flank, denying a large amount of retaliation attacks, while i still get all of mine.

Thanks

thesheriff

Herminard
23-11-2010, 11:48
Looks strong. And fun. But im a bit puzzeled by the steeds for your characters? 4++ is cool and all, but she sure will attrack a lot of attention. And your stubborn noble should like a charmed shield for a minimum.

Or have you found clever ways of hiding them? Please share.

thesheriff
23-11-2010, 17:06
Well, the main fire magnets are the treemen. so, not to worried there. Also, she tends to hop around using the really fast steed as cover.

However, the other noble is being swaped out for a spellsinger. So the list is now;

Charecters
*Spellsinger, lv.2, scroll = 150

Core
*14 Glade guard w. command, Banner of Always SAS = 223
*15 Glade guard w. command = 210
*15 Glade guard w. command = 210

Special
*4 Treekin = 260
*4 Treekin = 260

Rare
*Treeman = 285
*Treeman = 285

Total = 2,396

I've also added in the cool banner on the main unit of GG at the expense of a couple of bodies.