PDA

View Full Version : Does Armour Piercing Stack?

DeviantApostle
20-10-2010, 22:42
I can't seem to figure this out. If you have a unit, such as Dark Elf Crossbows, and you give them the AP banner, does the bonus stack?

Synnister
20-10-2010, 22:52
Special rules do not stack unless they say they do.

Chris_
20-10-2010, 22:57
So that would be a no. And that banner only works in close combat so your Elfs would have AP with X-bows and in CC.

DeviantApostle
21-10-2010, 00:15
Thanks. I only wondered because Frenzy stacks with Extra CCW but the bit that says so is rather obscure. I might have missed something but looks like I didn't.

Lord_Elric
21-10-2010, 00:20
So that would be a no. And that banner only works in close combat so your Elfs would have AP with X-bows and in CC.

Banner of murder just gives AP to the unit doesnt say anything about only being in close combat and razor standard is the same

Chris_
21-10-2010, 00:24
Banner of murder just gives AP to the unit doesnt say anything about only being in close combat and razor standard is the sameRead the Armour Piercing rules in the BRB. A model with the AP special rule can only make use of it in CC. A weapon with AP can make use of it either in combat or ranged depending on the weapon.

DeviantApostle: Those that you mention both grant the "Extra Attack" special rule which according to BRB FAQ is cumulative.

Lord_Elric
21-10-2010, 01:33
Hmmm agreed i stand corrected apologies..

Chris_
21-10-2010, 02:57
Hmmm agreed i stand corrected apologies..No need to apologize ;)

DeviantApostle
21-10-2010, 05:36
DeviantApostle: Those that you mention both grant the "Extra Attack" special rule which according to BRB FAQ is cumulative.

Yup, though i was sure there was a paragraph in the main rulebook that made that clear... I'll try to find the references when I get home and have the book in front of me tonight.