PDA

View Full Version : Is there a DVD or website that shows Fantasy Combat situations?

Bortus
11-03-2006, 04:38
I was just thinking that with all the recent posts on charging, pursuing, flanking etc... if anyone has ever heard of a download or a DVD or a website that would show pictures of actual models in these circumstances that could help not only new players but anyone not clear on some of the grey area rules that come up from time to time. If nothing like this exists then someone should make something up. Anybody have any answers? As always peace n' chicken grease!

Flypaper
11-03-2006, 06:49
I haven't found any, and I've been looking! Even systematically photographed battle reports are quite hard to find. If anyone has an URL handy, I'd be quite keen to have a look myself.

(and before anyone brings the subject up, there are no copyright or similar restrictions on posting a video of yourself playing Warhammer onto the Internet)

Borthcollective
11-03-2006, 13:29
Wow wonder how much convincing it would take to get GW to let someone make and distribute something of this nature. Kind of like a Warhammer for Dummies Video.

Cheesejoff
11-03-2006, 14:07
Wow wonder how much convincing it would take to get GW to let someone make and distribute something of this nature.

(and before anyone brings the subject up, there are no copyright or similar restrictions on posting a video of yourself playing Warhammer onto the Internet)

...did you read his post?

Jericho
12-03-2006, 00:09
I think he meant making it commercially available.

Bortus
13-03-2006, 03:59
Ok I appreciate everyones response but I don't care if there is a general release DVD or whatever, though it would be cool. I just want to know if there is anything out there made by an amatuer or whatever whether DVD or even pictures of combat on a website.

strv
13-03-2006, 13:25
Search for Warhammer (maybe add fantasy) on http://video.google.com/ and you will find a few clips from some tournament.
It has nothing about game mecaniks though.

spikedog
14-03-2006, 12:41
First up, apologies for taking this slightly off-topic but Flypaper, I only do photo battle reports. If your interested you can see them in my thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15034) although there is only 2 in there at the moment I should be adding a new one maybe every month when I play.

On topic, Bortus, maybe you should make something like this ! It sounds like it could be a great resource for new and old players alike.

Pravus
14-03-2006, 12:45

That's as maybe, but I can't see it outselling "Jordan's Bums and Baps Workout".

Bortus
14-03-2006, 18:22
Spikedog I clicked on the link you posted and I gotta say I really like the paint job on your army. Very clean and neat. I also like the choices in colors you used.

Flypaper
15-03-2006, 10:24
Nice work, Spike, thanks. I'm still in the market for any massive graphical-reports-site with a zillion fights in the archives and valuable tactical insight if anyone finds one, though. :p

You could probably even pull that off if you could somehow make it super-clear you didn't represent GW and weren't infringing on their trademarks... But I wouldn't make that experiment without some genuine legal advice. :angel: