PDA

View Full Version : TZ flying combat chaos lord. Viable?

SilasOfTheLambs
21-10-2010, 22:55
A friend has a chaos warrior army. He's found a model that would be a really sweet combat lord and go with his theme, but it has wings. We're trying to figure out a build that can still be somewhat game-effective but be a combat lord on a disk with tz mark. Any thoughts? Here are my ideas so far.

Chaos Lord
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Shield
Golden Eye of Tzeentch (4+ ward against ranged)
The Bronze Armor of Zhrakk
Axe of Khorne
The Other Trickster's Shard
Optional: Distendable Maw 40 (For use against heavily armored models such as dwarf lords, or for those immune to killing blow or who negate magic weapons)

Alternative: (more defensive)

Chaos Lord
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Shield
Talisman of Preservation
Helm of Many Eyes
Rending Sword

Less STR and loses killing blow, but re-rolls hits (mostly) and wounds and has a ward save in close combat as well as vs shooting.

Rochr
22-10-2010, 00:47
I ran a Lord on a Disc of Tzeentch a few times and it does work pretty well, especially against gun lines and monster heavy lists. DE players with two hydras do well to stay away from a Hellfire Sword wielding Lord. As usual the Chaos Lord is slightly overpriced, it is probably better to just make him an Exalted Hero and have him chase other heroes and war machines. If you must make him a Lord then I would suggest buying Armour of Morrslieb instead of Golden Eye of Tzeentch. I find that magical ranged attacks are very uncommon now unless you play against Dwarfs a lot.

I gave mine Armour of Morrslieb, Glavie of Putrification and a Potion of Strength. A very effective combination against monsters. With STR8 he will definitely wound anything on 2s and bring that S/T down to 2. There is room in there to give him a Crown of Command for Stubborn or perhaps the ASF enchanted item.