PDA

View Full Version : High Elves: 2,500pts contin*

Sebavin
21-10-2010, 23:13
Hallow Warseer, i week or so ago I made a post in my High Elf list and since I can't find it on the forums i have decided to make a contin post. So this is what I have for 2,500.
*Magic items are not named just there effects to easly understand what they do.*

Lords-
Prince- 262pts
2+ re-rollable armor save, 4+ ward save, Great Weapon, Potion of Strength

L.V 4 Arch Mage- 330pts [Lore of life]
extra +1 to cast and dispel

Heroes
L.V 2 mage- 165pts [Lore of metal, beast, shadow, High magic or death]
Picks spells

Core
46 Sea guard, FC, Flaming attacks- 633pts

Special
20 Phoenix Guard, FC, +D3 power dice banner- 380pts

20 Sword Masters of Hoeth, FC-330pts

Rare
Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Great Eagle- 50pts

Great Eagle- 50 pts

Total- 2,493pts

Well what does everyone think? and which lore do u think is best for the L.V one? comment and criticize please. ^_^ it is very much appreciated
Note that the large unit size has worked VERY well for me and the Lord as killed two Screamming Bells just a few more comments would be nice please

D'Haran
21-10-2010, 23:43
*Technically the list is illegal, your core is 4pts short, probably not a big deal in friendly games but any tournament I've been to would disqualify you.* Sry I wasn't working on alot of sleep and somehow thought that the magic number was 650, ignore the previous comment.

That said I'd either go with metal or fire, picking up an augment or hex spell.

I can't say that I'd ever want to run this list, too few units for my taste and I don't really like horde HE or fielding so many expensive seaguard. That said it doesn't look like a horrible list, though I'd try to fit Amulet of light on the SM's.

I'd drop your Prince, I don't think he's doing enough for the list, and pick up a BSB. This would free up about 100 points, which I'd invest in a chariot, heck I'd drop a RBT too and get 2-3 small chariots.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
22-10-2010, 08:31
Hallow Warseer, i week or so ago I made a post in my High Elf list and since I can't find it on the forums i have decided to make a contin post. So this is what I have for 2,500.
*Magic items are not named just there effects to easly understand what they do.*

Lords-
Prince- 262pts
2+ re-rollable armor save, 4+ ward save, Great Weapon, Potion of Strength

L.V 4 Arch Mage- 330pts [Lore of life]
extra +1 to cast and dispel

Heroes
L.V 1 mage- 130pts [considering lore]
Picks spells

Core
50 Sea guard, FC, Flaming attacks- 646pts

Special
20 Phoenix Guard, FC, +D3 power dice banner- 380pts

21 Sword Master of Hoenth, FC-345pts

Rare
Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Bolt Thrower- 100pts

Great Eagle- 50pts

Great Eagle- 50 pts

Total- 2,493pts

Well what does everyone think? and which lore do u think is best for the L.V one? comment and criticize please. ^_^ it is very much appreciated

I think your core points met the minimum points requirement but I think that massive LSG unit will just draw all kinds of War Machine fire and mass death spells. Plus I'm pretty sure it'll hard to move around without smacking into terrain unless you're not planning to leave your deployment area. Although on the other hand 51 attacks in CQB, volley fire of 35 shots, 20 shots for stand & shoot charge reaction, flaming attacks, and the ability to cause fear in certain units also have it's advantages but I guess you'll have to weigh it against the disadvantages.

I think you should increase the level on the 2nd mage since you gave him the items that allow you to choose your spells. Also the Archmage isn't full equipped like most HE players would. If you're going to keep this setup the consider at least giving the Archmage a silver wand (for 5 spells) and a ward save of some type. In addition the Archmage should used Lore of Shadows for the mindrazor spell to really get some use out of those LSG and let the Mage use Life to get the thorns and renewal spells (if you plan to bump him up to 2nd lvl. with his current setup).

My only other suggestion if give the Bladelord of the SMs the Ironcurse Icon for some added shooting protection and give the SB of the SMs the Razor Banner to make them even better in CQB.

Hope that helps.

Sebavin
23-10-2010, 00:23
ok, well real quick like the large sea guard unit as worked FAR better for my play style then smaller units.
That said I have taken things into consideration and give me a bit to update the list really quick like

Jazzaar
23-10-2010, 01:07
No BSB? I would run one

lacurra
23-10-2010, 14:46
personally i would want more units rather than the spearman horde. if that unit breaks which bad luck with combat rolls and it can happen, then your list is sunk.

spiderman5z
24-10-2010, 07:57
no scroll?

Kiras of the flame
24-10-2010, 08:52
If you're set on the Lord... then I suggest using either a mount or chariot if you feel like doing some damage...

Sebavin
26-10-2010, 18:27
list updated

Pulstar
26-10-2010, 18:39
I'd add a BSB, normally with the +2 armor and the +4 ward save. (you may already have these items on you prince.) With GW he comes in at 168

For Lore on the 2nd mage, go with High magic. Pick the Shield spell (5+ ward save) and the flames of the phoenix. This guy alone will kill your opponents magic phase. (With Drain Magic and the RIP flames spell)

Sebavin
26-10-2010, 20:11
I like that Idea about the mage... the BSB I will see, So far the prince has worked lovely so I am waiting till next saturday so I can get a few games in with armies that I haven't played in a while, have played allot of Skaven, Tomb Kings and Warriors so I will get a broader view on how my army works then.. I know BSBs are awesome, but I want to see first... thanks

Sebavin
02-11-2010, 00:39
Well the lists worked ACE, thanks for helping me though at the past month I would guess on working on the core of my lists. Now all I got to do is paint them up... I might be making a post once I: get my first 10 sea guard painted (they are the only thing that is gonna be hard, sword masters and the lot are kinda easy to paint.

Well thanks again, I will be thinking of Dark elf lists for fun. might be next in line (I like to think a head)