PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos army list

Gloomwhisker
23-10-2010, 02:39
Hey there all. This is the random list of WoC models and units I have painted up and ready to go for an army. Now, I know that it needs some updating for 8th edition, but for now, I'd like to try and put it together in some semblance of a workable army. Here's what I've got:

Chaos Lord mounted on Chaos Dragon
Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch mounted on Disc of Tzeentch
Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh mounted on Chaos Steed
Chaos Lord/Exalted on Daemonic Mount
Wulfrik/Exalted

40 Chaos Marauders w/ Hand Weapons, Shields, full command
11 Chaos Warriors w/ Hand Weapons, Shields, full command
5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Flails, Musician
5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Flails, Musician
20 Chaos Warhounds

6 Chaos Knights w/ full command
6 Chaos Knights w/ full command
3 Dragon Ogres w/ Additional Hand Weapons, Champion

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ Great Weapon
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth w/ Additional Hand Weapon

There we have it. I'm looking to put together a 2000 point list for some games out of...all of this. Like I said, it definitely needs some upgrades and changed to bring it more into line with the strengths and weaknesses of 8th edition. I need to beef up my Chaos Warrior unit, and probably add another large block of them altogether. Also, I need a Battle Standard Bearer, and probably some other Heroes/Lords on foot.

All of that said, knowing what I have available to me at the moment, how would you shape some of it into a 2000 point army?

Gloomwhisker

Gloomwhisker
23-10-2010, 04:00
I should also mention that pretty much any Mark of Chaos can be put on the Knights, Warriors, and Marauders at this point, thanks to a somewhat diverse and varied paintjob on them all(very Chaos). Well, all besides Nurgle, realistically, I guess. I'm going to have to add some Nurgle-themed guys to the mix when I expand on this army. Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Khorne are all fair game...heck, Nurgle could even be represented a bit if it's necessary, so don't feel hindered by Marks, it's all good.

That said, if you think of any units/additions to existing units you think would be worthwhile to bring this collection up to 8th edition standards, by all means, let me know. That would be insanely helpful...

I'm actually working on a list right now using the models at hand, so I'll post it and you can let me know what you think...

Gloomwhisker
23-10-2010, 04:16
Here's a rough look, without Marks or magic items...

Chaos Sorcerer Lord-
Level 4
Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted-
Shield
Daemonic Mount

Exalted-
Shield

11 Chaos Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion

40 Chaos Marauders-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Chieftain

5 Marauders Horsemen-
Flails
Musician

5 Chaos Knights-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion

3 Dragon Ogres-
Additional Hand Weapons
Champion

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth-
Additional Hand Weapon

Current Total 1861pts.

So, obviously it could use some fine-tuning and needs items and Marks added, but it's an idea of what a 2000 point list using the models I have at hand could look like. Despite all that it may lack, as having yet to be 8th ed. updated, I think it could still do fairly well. Thoughts? Your own lists using the models and units listed in the original post?

Gloomwhisker