PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 2,250 all comers list

Thrustzulu
23-10-2010, 10:45
I've been playing Warhammer for a few months and chose Tomb Kings as my first army.

We play at 2,250 points.

I was wondering if any of you friendly chaps could have a look and see if there is anything that would be better changed as I've been on a bit of a losing streak.

This is a new list I have written and haven't tested yet.

LORDS
Tomb King
Scorpion Armour
Spear of Antarhak
Dragonbane gem
Shield

253 points

HEROES

Liche Priest (Hierophant)
Cloak of Dunes
Collar of Shapesh
160 points

Liche Priest
Casket of Souls
280 points

Icon Bearer
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Sword of Might
110 points

CORE

20 x Skeleton Warriors w/bows
Standard
Banner of Eternal Flame
180 points

20 x Skeleton Warriors w/Bows
Standard
170 points

20 x Skeleton Warriors w/Bows
Standard
170 Points

3 x Chariots

SPECIAL

24 x Tomb Guard
Full Command
Banner of Undying Legion
343 points

3 X Ushabti
195 points

Tomb Scorpion

RARE

Screaming Skull Catapult

Screaming Skull Catapult

The idea is to have the Icon Bearer and Tomb Prince in with the Tomb Guard. Using the hierophant to fly in and out of units that he is needed most in.

Chariot on flank.

I welcome all comments !

Thanks

spiderman5z
23-10-2010, 17:57
well first of all. the minimum for a chariot unit is 3. I would give ur hierophant the collar of shapesh or a ward save of some kind. If you are going to run a chariot king id consolidate the chariots into one big unit. Definetly give ur king dragonbane helm or gem. Maybe even the sword of bloodshed. I'd try and find a way to fit in a casket into the list but thats a bit hard. Skeletons w hand weapons are pretty useless now as they are too expensive too tarpit and cant deal damage effectively. I'd just give them bows and use the points to expand the tomb guard unit.

Thrustzulu
23-10-2010, 18:24
By adding the Tomb King on chariot to that unit I guess it doesn't count towards that then? I'd have to really run at least 4?

Collar would probably be useful on the hierophant - noted.

I'll change the warriors to bows as well.

Also, I have been running a casket up until recently and it hasn't been doing much for me. I'm assuming units can use the leadership of their general within 12"? As that's what people has been playing which means if I am lucky it does 1 or 2 wounds on a couple of units - even if it goes off.

Thanks

spiderman5z
23-10-2010, 18:47
They can use generals leadership, but it still does pretty decent damage. In my experience it has won me the game a couple times. You'd have to run 3 chariots at least and then your character can join the unit to make it 4.

Thrustzulu
27-10-2010, 10:25
Heavily updated. Any further comments?

Pulstar
27-10-2010, 14:35
I think your short one caster.

Maybe drop the Icon Bearer and the third bow unit.

In place up the BoEF unit to 30 and add a tomb price to it. This will give you one more "thy will be done" roll which can be used to pump out another 21 to 30 shots a turn. You can even give him the ruby ring for more magic.

Thrustzulu
27-10-2010, 22:25
You know that might just work better...

Thanks !

arff98
31-10-2010, 03:11
Yourt Tomb kings is too weak . I would recommend Armour of destiny+Coll. of Shap,+great weapon
IMO an HLP is better than 2 LP.
Fill your Heroes allowance with 4 TP two on foot and two on chariots. Forget the IB.
Fill you basic allowance with units of 4 chariots, create a nice chariot unit for the TP to join.
Keep the tomg guard unit , change the stan. to Rakaph or something ,more offensive.
Keep both SSC.
Drop the TS , it a graet minuature but just one doesn´t do much
If you like Ushabties scrub the TG unit and increase the Ushabties to an unit of 6. An unit of 3 will not make to the other side.

Stick the TK + 2 TP+HLP in the TG unit, Field it with ranks of 6 miniatures long. The LHP will be on the second unit, safe from Close combat a out of the view of snippers fire.