PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Warriors of Nurgle. Any advice/C&C welcomed!

Matt.Wood88
23-10-2010, 10:51
Alright then, so, I will be inheriting some warriors of chaos soon from a friend who is leaving GW and i have always wanted to redo my nurgle themed list. So now is my chance.
The models i am 'inheriting' Are two units of 18 Chaos warriors, a unit of 5 knights, 4 ogres, a lord on daemonic steed and 2 sorcerors. And now i would like to expand this with monies to make my 2500pt list.

Chaos lord
mark of nurgle, daemonic steed, shield, chaos runesword(hammer), Talisman of preservation, Potion of foolhardiness 390pts

Exalted hero
Mark of nurgle, BSB, talisman of endurance, charmed shield, biting blade, ironcurse icon 200pts

Sorceror
Mark of nurgle, level 2, spell familiar 155pts

Sorceror
Mark of nurgle, level 2 140pts

17 warriors
mark of nurgle, FC, shields, halberds 349pts

17 warriors
Mark of nurgle, FC, shields, Halberds 349pts

17 chosen
Mark of nurgle, FC, shields, halberds, Favour of the gods, Banner of eternal flame 435pts

5 Knights
Mark of nurgle, FC, Blasted standard 310pts

Warshrine
Mark of nurgle 160pts

Total: 2498pts.

Any help is welcome and appreciated :)

How does all that sound? Good/bad? Any changes i should make?

Matt

Avian
23-10-2010, 11:48
I'd consider getting more guys with a Strength above 4. This is very easy in the case of the Horsemen (just get flails), but with the Warriors / Chosen I'd consider getting one or two units halberds or great weapons.

Matt.Wood88
23-10-2010, 14:13
Thanks for the advice Avian, I'll try and swap the warrior weapons for halberds, but i dont really see it happening as the models i will be getting already come with HW/S, and it could be very hard to take the weapon arms off... But ill see how easy it is and maybe just resort to snipping/sawing them off and then digging out the hole to fit some halberds in. And maybe just have the chosen with halberds too...
Ill rejig my list and see what i can come up with.

Matt

*edit*
List has been rejigged, results are above :), again C&C is welcomed and asked for :D

Matt.Wood88
23-10-2010, 22:02
And another thought, i might just take out the bloodcurdling roar on the lord, the spell familiar and the charmed shield to get one more knight, just to make the unit slightly more hitty and surviveable...
Whats the thoughts on that idea?

Matt

Avian
24-10-2010, 09:30
I never bother with shooting attacks on my fighter characters as in my experience they almost never get a chance to use them (the Stream is different now that you can use it in combat).

I think 5 Knights are enough, though, and my priorities would be to get more Warriors first of all.

Matt.Wood88
24-10-2010, 13:34
Yeah, you're probably right... Thanks for the comments again :)
And as soon as I get home I will get to work rejigging the list again to try an get the warriors up as much as possible, if I get rid of some stuff then I can probably add in another few to each unit :)

Matt

Matt.Wood88
24-10-2010, 15:55
ok, so if i want to get larger units of warriors the only thing i can feasibly take out is either a sorceror and some other assorted things, or take out both units of marauder horsemen to make both units of warriors to 18.
I am less inclined to do this as it leaves my knights without support and running up the field all by themselves. This could be a huge problem as the knights would then get massacred...
Any help please?

Matt

Brady
24-10-2010, 16:42
Just because the knights are cavalry doesnt mean they have to run off. If you have two units of warriors at eighteen and seventeen chosen it doesnt matter if the knights get killed because the infantry will be left alone and still hit just as hard. Make the knights run up the side then just bomb then down the flank of the opponent to give your infantry time to catch up.

Matt.Wood88
24-10-2010, 17:44
Very true, i hadnt though of that lol...
Cheers mate, ill knock up a list just now and put it up :D

Matt

Matt.Wood88
24-10-2010, 18:03
Ok, List is updated :)
how is it looking now?

Matt

Matt.Wood88
25-10-2010, 11:40
I guess then, from the lack of replies that the list is pretty good now?

Matt

SilasOfTheLambs
25-10-2010, 14:47
Maybe consider putting the flaming banner on a halberd unit (more likely to actually wound the hydra or hellpit and less expensive, since whatever fights a regenerating monster *will* take heavy casualties). Also, the banner of rage will give one unit some serious chop without hurting your nurgle theme.

On the BSB I'd replace the stream of corruption with distendable maw... eats saurus warriors and dwarf lords for lunch (he he get it?)

Me and my two helblasters think this list is a big problem for us.

Matt.Wood88
25-10-2010, 14:58
Lol, i have actually done just that about an hour ago... :P
I have swapped some stuff around and i put the flaming banner on the chosen :)
as soon as i get back to the house i will post my updated list up :)
Silas, thanks :)

Matt

*edit* list updated :)