PDA

View Full Version : Chariot can't march!

DaemonReign
24-10-2010, 01:13
So.. I was sitting the other night wrapping up the last details on this Burning Chariot of Tzeentch for my DoC army - kinda looking forward to fielding something new and exciting.

It just came to me that - dear lord - chariots can't march.. And Fly-movement is no longer 20" but 10".. So.. Ahem.. There's nothing about the Burning Chariot in the DoC errata as far as I can remember.

Anyone else heard jack about this little issue concerning Chariots with the Fly special rule..

I mean.. The same thing goes for the powered up Black Coach right.. It's movement value is actually only increased by what.. 3" when it gets the Fly ability.

Sure.. Some extra mobility I guess. But still.. wtf..

Chris_
24-10-2010, 01:26
The rules are very straight forward in this case. Chariots can't march, Fly moves 10" and 20" on the march.

Just as everything else with Fly that can't march, the Chariot only gets to move 10". Well granted this only affects some VC and TK stuff but that is the way it is. This is one reason why no one really uses Carrions anymore, they lost the 20" move too. It can still ignore terrain, charge over units and so on. When you compare it to 7th it is definitely a nerf, but the extra mobility is awesome.

If you want to house rule it would you let Carrions, Bats and similar stuff be able to move the full 20" too?

Lord_Elric
24-10-2010, 01:35
Why cant carrions or bates move he full 20??

AAAhhhh just read the book sorry I suppose thats what a vargulf is for now then lol

Chris_
24-10-2010, 01:37
Why cant carrions or bates move he full 20??Tomb Kings can't march at all (Carrions) and Bats can only march when within 6" of a Vampire or 12" within the general.

Lord_Elric
24-10-2010, 02:04
Tomb Kings can't march at all (Carrions) and Bats can only march when within 6" of a Vampire or 12" within the general.

yup so if your taking units of bats then you basicly got to tak a vargulf then if u want to keep em moving

DaemonReign
24-10-2010, 02:45
Don't know if it's even worth houseruling this one..

I was initially thinking the burning chariot would be rather good but the more I've been concidering it's actual stats the more doubtfull I've become..

This Fly-bit is like a last nail in the coffin.

Oh well, it's of course still cool to have the thing either way.. Hopefully when there's a new DoC AB they make the following amendments:

Increased strength and toughness.
Locus of Tzeentch.
Ability to Actually FLY one way or the other.

Of course, one would have to pretty much double its point-cost as well.

But oh yeah.. this is the rules part of forum.. sorry. I just wanted to know if I had missed something concerning the new "can fly but not really" that 8th Ed has brought about for one or two units.

And yeah, I agree that VC and TK need a new AB aswell.

T10
24-10-2010, 10:45
This Fly-bit is like a last nail in the coffin.

I didn't know the viability of the game hinged on flying chariots.

-T10

RMacDeezy
24-10-2010, 15:09
I didn't know the viability of the game hinged on flying chariots.

-T10

he means the viability of flying chariots hinged on the new flying rules vs chariot rules

T10
24-10-2010, 15:32
Ah, thanks for the clear-up. I guess most of that came across more clearly to some than others.

-T10

DaemonReign
24-10-2010, 19:28
Ah, thanks for the clear-up. I guess most of that came across more clearly to some than others.

-T10

I have no idea man. haha

I mean I fantazised about a burning chariot that would dust a hydra on the charge, have 4+ wardsave and get across the table in two turns..

I'll still play with the darn thing! It's just I had distorted expectations..

Nothing hinges on anything in this game. In my last game I lost two greater deamons without them causing a single wound to the enemy.. and I still won by a fair margin..