PDA

View Full Version : Storm Banner?

Griffery
24-10-2010, 02:28
So lets say that I activated the storm banner on my turn. For that turn, my shooting can get completely shut down. Then it affects my opponent on his turn. Then for my next turn it affects me again. It then goes away after that turn. So for my own 50 point magic banner, I possibly have sucky shooting for two turns to his one? And if it continues any longer, I have one more bad round of shooting no matter what.

So my question is, does the Storm Banner also affect my skaven army?

Feefait
24-10-2010, 02:37
Sure does. That's why you don't activate it in your turn.

Griffery
24-10-2010, 02:52
Why does it say that this banner can be activated at the beginning of any player's turn? If it was either players turn it wouldn't have the apostrophe. Because it has the apostrophe it would mean that it would have to be activated at the beginning of the turn of the player who owns the banner.

VoodooJanus
24-10-2010, 03:00
no man, it says any player's turn. This could apply to you or your opponent, as you both are players, and you certainly fall under the category of 'any.'

eyescrossed
24-10-2010, 03:37
Why does it say that this banner can be activated at the beginning of any player's turn? If it was either players turn it wouldn't have the apostrophe. Because it has the apostrophe it would mean that it would have to be activated at the beginning of the turn of the player who owns the banner.

I don't think you realize, but that word I've bolded? There should be an apostraphe there :p

stripsteak
24-10-2010, 06:53
it also goes for the ending of the effect. roll at the start of both your turn and the other player turn.
the rules for this are on pg 12. a game turn is composed of two player turns.

T10
24-10-2010, 10:25
So my question is, does the Storm Banner also affect my skaven army?

Yes, it does. This is because the penalties imposed are not restricted to enemy models only.

-T10

mariote
24-10-2010, 11:33
it also goes for the ending of the effect. roll at the start of both your turn and the other player turn.
the rules for this are on pg 12. a game turn is composed of two player turns.

are you sure it's like that? In spain, the skaven armybook has just beed reedited with inches (we used cms) and with the latest faqs, and stormbanner clearly says to roll a dice at the beginning of the stormbanner's owner turn. So in six turns, you roll only 6 times to see if it's over.

Chris_
24-10-2010, 11:39
are you sure it's like that? In spain, the skaven armybook has just beed reedited with inches (we used cms) and with the latest faqs, and stormbanner clearly says to roll a dice at the beginning of the stormbanner's owner turn. So in six turns, you roll only 6 times to see if it's over.It is every player (not limited to owning player) turn after the turn it was activated.

mariote
24-10-2010, 11:46
It is every player (not limited to owning player) turn after the turn it was activated.

that's not what my armybook says xD and it's just reedited 1 week ago

Chris_
24-10-2010, 11:55
that's not what my armybook says xD and it's just reedited 1 week agoThen that's good for you Spanish Skaven players, a small buff there. In the English version it is every player turn.

mariote
24-10-2010, 12:01
Then that's good for you Spanish Skaven players, a small buff there. In the English version it is every player turn.

yea i guess skavens here sleep happier each night :)

Gooner
24-10-2010, 20:01
Storm banner is so god damn goood for skaven anyone trying to turn it into somthing it is not should just stop.

If you take a shooting skaven list, then dont take the storm banner. BUT if you are not taking a shooting skaven list this item basically can win you the game if you are fighting someone with shooting.

My friend takes it evertime, i tested 3 shooting lists against it, dwarves, DE, and empire and got massacred every time. By the time it went away both times he was in my lines.

Lord_Elric
24-10-2010, 20:18
Well it does say every player turn not every game turn so id say you roll at the start of each players turn and you could activate it in any players turn too