PDA

View Full Version : Generic sci-fi miniatures

Bubble Ghost
11-03-2006, 15:42
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but this seemed the most logical.

I'm looking for generic sci-fi minis of the 50s B-movie style - Space Rangers, killer plants, Martians with ray guns, Planets of the Amazon Women, you know the sort of thing - to use for a skirmish game I'm writing as a sort of celebration of that genre. I've been searching and I've found a few, but if anyone's got some links, that would help a great deal. Anything that might be useful in a setting like that would be great, since I'd like to have potential miniatures in mind while I'm coming up with creatures to put into the rules. Thanks in advance, hopefully...

t-tauri
11-03-2006, 19:52
Eureka minatures (http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126)is a decent place to start.

Bubble Ghost
11-03-2006, 20:27
Cool, thanks, those Martians will be handy in particular. I wish there were pics of the X-Files-inspired ones though, I don't want to buy miniatures blind...

Any other suggestions? I want to keep the human models in the sort of Flash Gordon/Captain Video mould, with perhaps some Barbarella and/or anime thrown in as a different faction, but as far as aliens and creatures go, anything from all sci-fi ever is great. This is going to be like a cheesy sci-fi royal rumble, with 50s Martians and 90s little grey aliens. Fighting each other. Either it'll be rubbish, or reality will implode.