PDA

View Full Version : My first Beastman army 1500pt

RagingHobo
25-10-2010, 12:47
Hi there,

I'm a long time Dwarf player and I've turned to the chaos gods, I wanted to try something completely different, The monsters and Minatours are the things that really drew me to beastmen.

As this is my first ever attempt at this army I would really applicate any advice on using the army and also my list. I have little to no experiance of beastman and am just learning my way around the army.

Great Bray-Shaman
Level 4 Shadow
Talisman of Preservation
Dispell Scroll

Wargor
Battle Standard
Gnarled hide
Ramhorn Helm
Heavy Armour
Shield

30 Gors
Full command

29 Gors
Full command

10 Ungor Raiders

8 Harpies

Tuskgor Chariot

Tuskgor Chariot

Ghorgon

bluemage
25-10-2010, 21:10
Not sure how many points that adds up to. But I would consider dropping a couple of gors to give your raiders a musician and your harpies scout.

As for taking shadow, feel free to try it out, but I think death and beasts are better lores overall.

jmcg1989
29-10-2010, 12:48
Not sure how many points that adds up to. But I would consider dropping a couple of gors to give your raiders a musician and your harpies scout.

As for taking shadow, feel free to try it out, but I think death and beasts are better lores overall.

i think shadow and beasts have more synergy with each other (if you're using two shamans that is)
death is a good lore, but i feel its more for character sniping
the other two have more of an effect on the army, either buffing their strengths or playing down their weaknesses

if i was to use death i would either use it on slugtongue or malagor
slugtongue (lore of the wild is useless on a level 1)
malagor (his casting bonus special rule makes him more likely to get off bigger spells, his ability to fly negates the short range of some of the nastier spells)