PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons?

fox-hound
25-10-2010, 19:06
I've been looking at Superheavies and titans, and before I buy either I want to know the Pos and Cons of each.

Thanks,

Mannimarco
25-10-2010, 19:41
What kind of superheavy, the titan is a superheavy as is the macharius as is the malcador as is the baneblade as is the thunderhawk so we need to know what in particular you are thinking of.

pros:

cool looking models
some of them are actually pretty decent on the table
sense of pride and achievement when you finally get one built and painted.
rewarding modelling project

cons

expensive
unless you play a lot of apocalypse games dont expect to use them often
some of them are frustrating to build if your not experienced
large points investment (most of them)
unlikely to make their points back
massive bullet magnets, expect it to die as people will go out of their way to kill it.

TheLaughingGod
25-10-2010, 19:44
I recommend browsing your local store and look at the store copy of the Apocalypse book.

And that's all, folks.

Hendarion
25-10-2010, 20:27
There is one pro:
- Ubercool models

In meanings of gaming there are various pro and cons. The biggest con is probably the costs. For a superheavy you can field lots of devastors or other tanks which simply blow away the titan (it's always a fire-magnet!).

UberBeast
26-10-2010, 03:24
I find that most super-heavies make their points back by soaking up shots that would be hitting other units in your army.

-Loki-
26-10-2010, 04:13
There is one pro:
- Ubercool models

In meanings of gaming there are various pro and cons. The biggest con is probably the costs. For a superheavy you can field lots of devastors or other tanks which simply blow away the titan (it's always a fire-magnet!).

To be fair though, super heavies also outrange most devastators and other things you bring to kill them. They should be able to, with some good target selection, cut down a lot of what will potentially hit them by the time they get in range of the return fire.

Silent_Moebius
26-10-2010, 09:23
I think the Nid gargantuan is quiete dangerous. With a lot of HP and regen, an invul. save and very high T, this thing survives a lot.

Hendarion
26-10-2010, 09:40
To be fair though, super heavies also outrange most devastators and other things you bring to kill them. They should be able to, with some good target selection, cut down a lot of what will potentially hit them by the time they get in range of the return fire.
Truly. But there is enough stuff, for example in the IG, that either will get same or better range than your titan. Most things will come down to the first turn. Either the titan kills the most of his long-range opponents or will be taken down most likely. There's nothing you want to let go rampage without having anything to shoot it with. A titan surely is one of these things and if you're waiting too long, it'll cleanse the table of all threats it possibly has - and then it cleans up the rest of the table.