PDA

View Full Version : Skaven: 2000pts Competative?

Death Korp
25-10-2010, 19:25
Hey all,

Since gaining the Skaven army book, I have made many devious lists. This one seems to be a nice all rounder to beat all thing-things to the ground.

Grey Seer: 320pts
-Power Scroll
-Talisman of Protection

Chieftain: 124pts
-BSB
-Shield
-Halberd
-Storm Banner

Warlock Engineer: 45pts
-Doomrocket

39x Clanrats: 280pts
-Spears
-Shields
-Full Command
-Poisoned Wind Mortar

40x Clanrats: 285pts
-Spears
-Shields
-Full Command
-Poisoned Wind Mortar

*30x Slaves: 60pts

*30x Slaves: 60pts

*30x Stormvermin: 305pts
-Full Command
-Warpfire Thrower

5x Gutter Runners: 60pts

5x Gutter Runners: 60pts

Doomwheel: 150pts

Hellpit Abomination: 250pts
-Warpstone Spikes

1999pts Total

*Lots of units.
*GSeer and BSB will join a unit of clanrats/Stormvermin, and the Doomrocket-Rat (TM) will join a unit of his choice.
*Gutter Runners take out WMs.
*Doomwheel faces Monsters, HPA infantry.

What do you all think of this list then?

Cheers

Quannum
26-10-2010, 10:38
What configuration do you run your blocks of Warriors/Slaves in? 10x4? 5x8?

Death Korp
26-10-2010, 13:53
Cheers for the comment mate,

I have no idea how to rank these guys. I'm guessing 5x8 for Clanrats and 5x9 for the slaves, to get as many ranks as possible as I'm expecting not to win many fights so I'm going for steadfast. If I had a bell, then maybe horde formation would be handy.

The Doomwheel and hellpit are going to be the killers.

RealMikeBob
26-10-2010, 16:58
The cost of your BSB is way off. Should he have a magic item?

Death Korp
26-10-2010, 18:13
Ah damn, forgot to put down he had a Storm Banner, will change now :p

Cheers!

karse88
26-10-2010, 21:10
i dont use giant rats... i see 150 points which could be a second doomwheel for flank.. or better troops/option/items-something :)
6*7 or 7*6 is sometimes a good choice.. watch what, where and in wich formation he deploys and counter it.. 6*7/7*6 can be strong against units like your own

TheDrugLordX
26-10-2010, 22:19
I have no idea how to rank these guys. I'm guessing 5x8 for Clanrats and 5x9 for the slaves, to get as many ranks as possible as I'm expecting not to win many fights so I'm going for steadfast. If I had a bell, then maybe horde formation would be handy.

Well this is the ideal use of them. Deploy them deep, and in case they would start to win a combat, or you're fighting units with low number of ranks to break steadfast (trolls, cavalry) then make a combat reform to gain some extra attacks.

Looks solid. Only thing I'm not certain about is flanking giant rats. They die pretty much as easily as slaves, providing more combat res for your opponent. I'd swap them for a medium sized unit of stormvermin to provide some better combat ability.

Death Korp
27-10-2010, 09:44
Changed the list around a bit, got rid of the Warp Lightning Cannon, the Giant Rats, 30 slaves, a clanrat and the Giant rats for a unit of 30 Stormvermin with full command and a Warpfire thrower.

Slaves will protect the flanks now :D