PDA

View Full Version : FW Runt Bot

Whitehorn
26-10-2010, 08:26
This little chap seems to be missing from the new FW site, both visually and ruleswise. Does anyone know where his rules are, or does he not have any?

Hendarion
26-10-2010, 08:36
It's an event-exclusive mini, so won't be available in the shop. I also doubt it has rules, as it's just a "must-have" sort of thing for serious collectors or Ork-fans.

Grimtuff
26-10-2010, 10:02
A friend of mine uses it as Ghazkhull and i've seen people wanting to use him as a Warboss in proper all Grot armies. ;)

Whitehorn
26-10-2010, 12:30
Thanks for the answers. Proxy it is!

Mortinaminus
26-10-2010, 12:54
I managed to get my hands on 5 of them so am converting my squad into mega-armour-grots. Moving a grot into the middle of the chassis, Aliens-Powerloader-esque.
Have also heard of people using them as KillKans / Dreads or similar constructions.

toymaker
26-10-2010, 18:24
Was planning on using mine as Mek in one of my lists. Opted instead to use it in a squad of Mega Nobs

tu33y
26-10-2010, 19:48
i was furious with myself that i didnt get a load at the FW open day at lenton... the next day they were going for a chuffing fortune on ebay... ahh well you snooze you loose

Whitehorn
27-10-2010, 08:46
ahh well you snooze you loose

I prefer to think 'you snooze, you have a conscience and don't rip people off or ruin someone's day further down the queue'.

Petay1985
27-10-2010, 08:56
I prefer to think 'you snooze, you have a conscience and don't rip people off or ruin someone's day further down the queue'.

here here!

Pacific
27-10-2010, 12:01

Indeed......

AlexHolker
27-10-2010, 12:24
Better that than FW refusing to sell the model to anyone who doesn't live in Europe or the US. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to a GW event.

Axel
27-10-2010, 14:04
Better that than FW refusing to sell the model to anyone who doesn't live in Europe or the US. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to a GW event.

Indeed. The fact that its "show only" leads to many buying not one but several to make money via eBay, which in turn makes them unavailable fast for most of the customers and collectors (only) on a Games day.

If they would release them (perhaps with a year delay, or a stiffer price - lets call it a price-cut for the even) online this would perhaps solve this problem.

Grimmeth
27-10-2010, 14:14
Apparently this one is only for this year, at least, that's whay they were implying on all their pre-Gamesday stuff.

I've got one :) It's a pain to get the left shoulder pad and grot to stay on properly.

AndrewGPaul
27-10-2010, 15:29
Indeed. The fact that its "show only" leads to many buying not one but several to make money via eBay, which in turn makes them unavailable fast for most of the customers and collectors (only) on a Games day.

No it doesn't. Even if they sell out, they'll take orders on the day and ship them out to you. People buying dozens at one go have no effect on the ability of the guy behind them to get one of his own. It does affect his ability to get one right now, but a little patience never hurt anybody. :)

Whitehorn
29-10-2010, 11:07

Vicious circle. They deny us 'locals' instead.

Anyway, they sold the Runt bots 1 per person at the open day. I just took my gf with me to ensure I could get one for my brother ;)

AndrewGPaul
29-10-2010, 11:21

Anyway, they sold the Runt bots 1 per person at the open day. I just took my gf with me to ensure I could get one for my brother ;)

They weren't keeping track very well; I bought two at the Open Day, at separate times.

AlexHolker
29-10-2010, 12:49
Not if what Andrew said is true. If everyone who is at the show can order one, even if they run out, they aren't denying the locals.

Besides, this problem is still caused by FW refusing to produce and sell as many as people want.

Axel
29-10-2010, 23:23
No it doesn't. Even if they sell out, they'll take orders on the day and ship them out to you. ...

Indeed? I was not aware of that.
Good to hear.

Thylacine
30-10-2010, 15:30
Care to post an image of the model.

Unfortunately I live in OZ and we never see these one off models, GW 'Australia Pacific' decided that it could not squeeze enough money out of the fan boyz so it stopped running Games Days.

Thylacine:chrome:

This little chap seems to be missing from the new FW site, both visually and ruleswise. Does anyone know where his rules are, or does he not have any?

Killgore
30-10-2010, 19:53
They weren't keeping track very well; I bought two at the Open Day, at separate times.

You spent all that time queing... twice?

I know someone who has 3 of them and uses them as KillerKans

tu33y
30-10-2010, 20:49

fair point... i really hope that was my reason deep down inside x

Whitehorn
31-10-2010, 22:50

WIP of mine
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kXlK4x3A2QU/TM3yfoNd0gI/AAAAAAAAA9g/476WqyMn-Ng/s512/runtbot_01.jpg

Axel
01-11-2010, 16:06

And some shots of a build but yet unpainted one...