PDA

View Full Version : WoC vs WE 25000

reddevil18
26-10-2010, 17:48
Hey, this list is very similar to what i made to go against an empire army tho i did manage a slight victory (i think, may of been a draw i dont quite get how you work it out on a pitched battle anymore) against a High elf army and was wondering if you think it would do well for me in my first ever game against wood elves

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch @ 420.0 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Magic Level 4
Talisman of Preservation
Blood of Tzeentch
Enchanted Shield
Bloodcurdling Roar
Disc of Tzeentch

1 Exalted Hero @ 208.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Battle Standard
Trickster's Helm
Acid Icor

1 Festus the Leechlord @ 185.0 Pts

18 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle @ 383.0 Pts
Halberd;FCG
Banner of Rage

40 Chaos Marauders of Khorne @ 290.0 Pts
Great Weapon; Shield; FCG

1 Hellcannon @ 205.0 Pts

7 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 380.0 Pts
Standard, musican
Blasted Standard

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30.0 Pts

1 Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch @ 150.0 Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Nurgle @ 101.0 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Musician

Models in Army: 106

Total Army Cost: 2502.0

I know its two points over but were allowed 5 points leway, Anyway what do you all think?
P.S. hi wizzy i know you will read this :P

puckus10
26-10-2010, 19:40
I recently started WE and ithink that your list will be decent aginst them. You have a lot of fast units which is good because we have less time to shoot you! However, many people have decided to give most of their points to cc troops now such as trees and dryads.

reddevil18
26-10-2010, 20:20
I dont know what the stats on those are like,
Anything i should be worried or wary of considering my list?

Keetoowah
26-10-2010, 20:25
I think that you put one too many zeroes in the title there buddy.... though I would like to see that battle1

puckus10
26-10-2010, 21:12
well we have treekin and treemen that will basically ruin your day because of the armour save modifiers you will have

bluemage
26-10-2010, 22:00
Drop the marauder horsemen. They won't be worth it against wood elves, as they just easy points. Either glade guard will shoot them or they'll get in combat and just die. I believe their initiative is 4 so dryads and elves will strike first killing them or treekin and treeman will just absorb the damage and kill them. Either way they won't do anything for you.

Another thing is to take the banner of eternal flame on a unit. Something other than knights. Best candidates would be the unit of nurgle warriors. Banner of flame will basically double your damage output, banner of rage will increase it by about 1/3.

Drop the poison on the dogs. Its never worth the points and lower the squad size to 5. As they are now, the hounds are just free victory points for your opponent. They'll either die or make it into combat and give up combat rez. Consider taking a few units of 5 hounds with no upgrades and placing them as free deployments to see where your opponent is going to set up. Then you can place your warriors with banner of flame across from the treekin or treeman.

Really though wood elves should be an easy match up. Pay attention to where the actual points in his army are and don't go chasing after great eagles or glade riders. You won't catch them and since they can't really march block you, just ignore them. If he fields any waywatchers, just shoot them with magic missiles and keep moving across the table. Yes they might kill a few knights, but don't focus too many resources against them. Just magic them off the table.

WizzyWarlock
27-10-2010, 07:29
Ah, lulling me into a false sense of security by letting me see the list, huh?

Well, a Lvl4 Wizard is overpowered, you should make that a Lvl1, Festus is just a cheeseball so get rid of him, and Blasted Standard on your Knights? Pah. Wood Elves don't have ranged attacks, that's a waste of points. :p

Hjiryon
27-10-2010, 08:01
You absolutely need your fast units.
If you meet a wood elf army with only footslogging, don't count on getting into combat against anything but sacrificial great eagles until turn 5 or so.

That said, the list looks decent enough for all all comers list,which I like.
If you can handle his treeman and his Treekin, you ought to win this one.

reddevil18
27-10-2010, 10:41
Keetoowah: Thank you for pointing that out, Is there a way i can edit the title?

puckus10: I dont quite understand what you mean by that, how will they ruin my day because of the armor saves i have? :S

bluemage: Ok but what do you think i should use the points from the maruder housemen on?
Wouldnt the banner of rage be better against all his units rather then having the banner of rage and hoping to hit his flamable units?
Will take your advice on the dogs and edit that once i get home to my army builder :)
And thanks for the advice :)

WizzyWarlock: Very good advice indeed mate, think i may scrap the whole list and go for khorne infrantry :P

Hjiryon: Thanks for the kind words, first time someone has said ive made a decent list :D

bluemage
27-10-2010, 13:10
The banner of rage won't be necessary against his other units. You'll just be killing them fast enough as is. Really, he has no combat units besides treekin and treeman. Take a look as some of the wood elf lists on this site. Dryads are still good but I don't think you'll need that rage banner to kill them all.

I suggest replacing the dogs and horsemen with just more warriors or marauders with mark of khorne and great weapons. Its true that in 7th you would need some fast stuff in order to catch wood elves as they would just dance around and hide. That doesn't work anymore. Keep important stuff by the bsb and lord so you typically pass your leadership tests to march. And then just march towards his stuff, he really shouldn't be able to avoid you. Just corral him into the corner.

You might even be better off with lore of death and just keep targeting his characters with the snipe spells to kill them off. So that's something to consider. Purple sun would slaughter the treekin and treemen, and the snipe spells kill off his bsb and his lord. Its funny to think about how purple sun works well against one of the elven armies.

reddevil18
28-10-2010, 08:55
I dont think ill swap out my generals lore for death just bacause i cant get the disk if i do.

Will edit my list when i get the chance and see how many more warriors and mauraders i can get :)

reddevil18
01-11-2010, 19:36
List has been updated, what do you guys think now? :)

bluemage
01-11-2010, 22:20
Well all of the hounds should force your opponent to deploy his whole army before you place anything of importance. Save the horsemen and try to keep them out of combat so you can use them to charge and run down flee units. They're unlikely to kill much of anything in combat.

Try to get something into combat asap with his wizard and kill it. Your knights should be great for this task. They'll also be great at kill everything else in his army assuming it doesn't receive any lore of life buffs.

Minor change would be to give your knights the mark of nurgle and the banner of rage and give your warriors the banner of eternal flame. Buffed units of treekin will rain on your parade. I don't think you'll have many problems if you play it smart. Your opponent might try something tricky like give a character the item that teleports him and the unit he's with from one forest to another. So after the game starts, move your hounds into woods he'll want to teleport into, so that there isn't room.

reddevil18
01-11-2010, 23:41
Heroes
Alter Highborn - Warrior Bane, Armour of Fortune, Fimbulwinter Shard, Crown of Command, Shield.
Spellweaver - Life Magic Level 4, Amaranthine Brooch, Wand of Wych Elm.
Scout Noble - Hunter's Talon, Pageant of Shrikes.

Core
14 Glade Guard with Musician
10 Dryads with Champion
10 Dryads with Champion
10 Dryads with Champion

Special
5 Wild Riders with Full Command
3 Treekin

Rare
1 Treeman
7 Waywatchers

That is the list my mate used last so im expecting very similar to be honest.
Only thing is he keeps on about some mega hero :S

Any ideas on what that could be?
Also now that you have a bit of info which unit do you think would be best for the flame banner? knights or warriors?