PDA

View Full Version : Daemons with as few models as possible - help!

BeatTheBeat
27-10-2010, 19:39
Hello everybody,

I've gotten into a sculpting frenzy and created some sort of daemon sultan thing, which of course has made me want to convert/sculpt the rest of the army to go with him...

As sculpting takes time, I'm looking towards getting an army that is as small as possible!

The one thing I absolutely want in the army is the daemon sultan, who could be either a Slaanesh or Tzeentch herald or prince.

In short - please help me make the smallest possible 1500 pts army of Daemons based on Slaanesh or Tzeentch!

Huge thanks,
BTB

LAV-Kitsune-
28-10-2010, 09:52
LORDS AND HEROES
1x Daemon Prince with Unnatural Swiftness and Etherblade: 375pts
1x Herald of Tzeentch with Spellbreaker and Master of Sorcery: 165pts

CORE
29x Pink horrors of Tzeentch with musician, standard and icon of sorcery: 381pts.

SPECIAL
4x Screamers 120pts
4x Screamers 120pts
OR
9x Seekers of Slaanesh with full command: 246pts

RARE
6x Fiends of Slaanesh: 330pts
OR
5x Flamers 175pts
5x Flamers 175pts

Total is around 1500pts

For 1500pts army Prince and fiends will be the choise for you if you want only few models. You need around 30~ models for core to fill up that 25% limit and horrors would be ideal for conversions and game effect.

Instead of special choises you could spend more points to heralds and get less models that way. If you want less models and some fun conversions screamers would likely be your cake =)

BeatTheBeat
28-10-2010, 16:20
Thanks for the help!

I'm thinking two smaller units of Core, it will be less efficient (most likely) but will allow me to use two different kinds of daemons to maximise modelling potential, and will allow me to use two commands + magic banners, bringing down the model count even further...

Might go with double heralds as well because of that. Special and Rare choices sound good though!

Again, thanks, gave me some food for thought :)