PDA

View Full Version : Teclis and Book of Hoeth -Casting Vaule

Trains_Get_Robbed
27-10-2010, 23:56
Hi all,

I have a doubles tournament next week, and have overheard all the high elf players talking. Between all of them (3 excluding myself) every h.e player is taking teclis and in my case my first opponet happens to be both teclis and a book of hoeth archmage.

Thus my question is where in te rules/faqs does it say the casting vaule has to be met? I have not been able to find it (and as a h.e player myself am interested for future reference). Can someone point me in the right direction or quote evidence? :shifty:

theunwantedbeing
28-10-2010, 00:02
In the rules for Teclis and the Book of Hoeth(unsurprisingly.....).

You'll kick yourself when you finally do see it(if you do).
Most High Elf Players seem to be oblivious to that bit of the rules as well, it's quite strange.

Page 66 of the High Elf book for Teclis, last paragraph of his High Loremaster Ability.
Page 102, clear as day under the rules for the Book of Hoeth.

Chris_
28-10-2010, 00:07
Yep, it is in the HE army book. The rule mentions "successful casting roll", if the casting value is not met it is not a successful casting roll.

And as for having Teclis AND Archmage with Book of Hoeth... Cheeeeeze, anyway, I guess he will have Banner of Sorcery as well? Or are we talking about two HE players, one with Teclis and one with the Archmage? :p anyway...

Trains_Get_Robbed
28-10-2010, 00:21
. . . Wow, I'm really dumb, and I'm supposed to be a english minor. :# lol casting roll hencefortg is used to meet the casting vaule. . . I'm just a little slow. Thanks for the help guys. :) even if it was obvious

Ps. Yes its one player with that setup. The other dwarf player on his team has 3 grudges and cannons and 2 organ lol. :D

The Grim
28-10-2010, 02:04
Teclis + Archmage with BoH is just plain silly, you won't have enough dice anyways since both rely on throwing plenty of dice to spells.

stripsteak
28-10-2010, 02:20
if one, or better both, take death it might work.