PDA

View Full Version : Doooomwheel!

Exo10
28-10-2010, 01:30
So the zzzap for the doom wheel does it auto hit the entire unit or how many models does it hit and what do i roll for the hits?

Ramius4
28-10-2010, 01:33
So the zzzap for the doom wheel does it auto hit the entire unit or how many models does it hit and what do i roll for the hits?

A single model is hit for each one. No you don't roll for the hits. You roll an artillery dice for the Strength (roll once for all 3 shots).

Exo10
28-10-2010, 01:34
So one bolt=1 model

Ramius4
28-10-2010, 01:41
That's correct.

Exo10
28-10-2010, 01:54
Then whats so good about it? So you can take out 3 models a turn with it

thechosenone
28-10-2010, 01:59
Why would it be hard to see what's good about it? Forgive me, but that's like asking why a bolt thrower is good, it has the potential to take out only a few models too.

What's good about it is that it can be high strength and... and this is the important part... it has multiple wound possibilities. Meaning you can kill slann, stegedons, hydras, coaches, varghulfs, steam tanks, ogres, trolls, multi wound characters ect ect ect with a single volley of this weapon.

Now ask something like; what's so good about Dwellers?

I suspect you may have missed the part about multi wound. I hope so anyway.

Kevlar
28-10-2010, 02:03
It really stinks against r-n-f infantry.

Its really good against big tuff monsters ie bloodthirsters.

Exo10
28-10-2010, 02:13
yeah i forgot about the d6 wounds if wounds are unsaved my bad, and realized its a better as costly version of a chariot with many other things with it.

Ratbeast
28-10-2010, 04:04
Then whats so good about it? So you can take out 3 models a turn with it

Because that 1 bolt causes d6 wounds, its a multiple wound creature killer

Lord of Divine Slaughter
28-10-2010, 08:01
...and realized its a better as costly version of a chariot

???:confused:

It is an extremely cheap, powerful and tough chariot, nothing, absolutely nothing costly about it.

Haravikk
28-10-2010, 12:45
150 points for a typically very fast chariot that can dish out a ton of damage on its own even after the charge and shoots 3 bolts of usually instant-kill lightning is expensive is it? Have fun with your slaves, I'm keeping my Doomwheel!

I mean when you consider it, in close combat you get a good set of D6+1 impact hits on the charge, or D3 bonus "impact hits" in every round after. Add to that 2D6 Strength 2 hits, and 3 bolts of powerful lightning (which fire into combat by the way) and the damage potential for your one 150 point "expense" is pretty high, if suitably random.

Wait till you've run down a unit of 300+ points of cavalry in a single turn, popped half a unit of infantry like a sheet of bubble-wrap or unexpectedly annihilated an enemy character and you won't be so disapproving of the cost then :)

Orangecoke
28-10-2010, 15:33
Hey guys, if anyone happens to have a doomwheel handy at this moment, can you measure and tell me how tall it is in inches from the bottom of the base to the highest point of the banner? I'm working out some foam trays, and this thread has convinced me I should look at adding a doomwheel to my force :)