PDA

View Full Version : 7's To Hit in Close Combat

venomx51
28-10-2010, 09:29
So, what happens if you need 7's to hit in close combat?

For example; a Wood Elf Highborn with Annoyance of Netlings (Enemies need 6's to hit in close combat) and the Fimbulwinter shard (Enemies suffer -1 to hit in close combat)

What's the genreal opinion on how to handle that? Natural 6's always Hit, or is it like shooting, where all natural 6's are re-rolled and you then need a 4+ on the re-roll?

Atrahasis
28-10-2010, 09:42
Natural 6's always hit.

Chris_
28-10-2010, 09:43
Pg. 50 last paragraph (before the example), Natural 6's always hits regardless of modifiers.

Edit: Ninja'd

venomx51
28-10-2010, 10:49
Ah yeah, thanks.

Lord_Elric
28-10-2010, 11:07
Natural 6's always hit.

its always made me wonder just why the hell didnt they just do this for shotting aswell lmao

Ney
28-10-2010, 11:18
its always made me wonder just why the hell didnt they just do this for shotting aswell lmao

Because that would make the cover rules almost obsolete for most BS3 troops ;)

Atrahasis
28-10-2010, 11:21
...and make poison even more powerful than it already is at range.

venomx51
28-10-2010, 11:56
...and make poison even more powerful than it already is at range.
Heh, march move and double tap poison darts at Waywatchers in hard cover at long range? yes pls :)

Lord_Elric
28-10-2010, 11:59
Well low BS troops are likly just shooting into the air in the direction of the target anyway so why would cover make any dfference yo ufire enough arrows in the same direction your lilkly to hit something however cover does make it more difficult to make accurate shots so seems quite sensible to me.

and poison rules are silly and in noway represent pioson the rules should be more like a simply +1 to wound as all a poison weapons hits are going to administer some form of poison arnt they...

Harwammer
28-10-2010, 12:23
I think the best way to deal with it is to not take combos that result in a 7+ to hit needed in combat.

Am I the only one who intentionally builds their list to avoid invoking rule problems?

AMWOOD co
28-10-2010, 12:30
Am I the only one who intentionally builds their list to avoid invoking rule problems?

Well, judging by that little figure to the left, you play Warriors of Chaos. That book had a massive Eratta when it was first released so I'd say you're likely fooling yourself thinking your army never has rules problems.

By the by, I play Chaos aswell and found complications in my first couple games without trying. The whole Knights of Khorne thing now is a pain...

Glasscannon
29-10-2010, 09:06
I think the best way to deal with it is to not take combos that result in a 7+ to hit needed in combat.

I use the Lores of light and heavens together so that I make sure my enemy hits me on 6s, when everything is toughness 3 need every bit of help :P