PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Themed Armies (don't need to be VC)

Kiras of the flame
28-10-2010, 15:25
I thought this thread would be appropriate since it's almost halloween (or some equivalent that people share at this time) and I'm wondering if anyone has any themed armies that they thought about. and we already know that the Vampire Counts are already ready for that (it's halloween for them every day...)

post yer thoughts and whatnot...

Ventus
28-10-2010, 15:42
One of the guys in my gaming area thought about making his Ogre Kingdom army into a circus theme. Not halloween themed but certainly costumed in some sense.

Sexiest_hero
28-10-2010, 16:44
Seen a lot of wood elves do the halloween theme. I'm sure beastmen fit the bill as well

Poseidon_II_
28-10-2010, 17:08
Witch Elfs, Caldrun of Blood and some Sorceress?

Kaiserdean
28-10-2010, 17:34
I've had the urge to convert a Varghulf with the body of a rat ogre and the head of a wolf to make a werewolf.

At least it's fun to say, "My varghulf looks like a varevulf" in a vague Eastern European accent.

Dreffbuilder
28-10-2010, 17:41
I'm from Finland. We don't have 'Trick or treat!' thingies except easter. I thought of doing easter styled Dwarfs... With a lot of 'yella hell yeah I say...

Man if someone does Halloween edition Campaing to Warhammer and adds rules to it... I'd play it!

Cheers ^Those were my thoughts btw.
Dreffbuilda

Getifa Ubazza
28-10-2010, 22:33
I have always thought of doing a christmas themed army, But could never decide what army to use.

AMWOOD co
29-10-2010, 04:08
It would be awesome if someone made a unit of zombies dancing (or trying to) to Thriller. Heheh, that image won't go away for ages now.

_toast_
29-10-2010, 04:33
It would be awesome if someone made a unit of zombies dancing (or trying to) to Thriller. Heheh, that image won't go away for ages now.

i second that... if no that, then just a zombie rocking the red leather jump suit

LordZombie
29-10-2010, 05:57
What, no one has mentioned night goblins? They are wearing all black already. Paint up the squigs as pumkins and there you go. Maybe I will do for my night goblin army.

Kiras of the flame
29-10-2010, 07:05
what? little gobbos running around wearing crudely drawn dwarf masks and using "specially grown" Squigs?

theorox
29-10-2010, 07:45
LoL, pumpsquings! :D

Theo

kris.sherriff
29-10-2010, 08:56
Try doing a search for "holiday gobbos!" and go to page 6 I am sure you will like what you find.

Kris

LAV-Kitsune-
29-10-2010, 09:00
On our finnish warhammer forums one guy called Kharon made quite nice pumpking themed goblin army (http://www.sotavasara.net/keskustelu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91469&start=80) and as pumpkins are kinda halloweenish this might intrest someone. Most wont likely understand the language, but you can see the nice pictures there =)

Munin
29-10-2010, 11:46
On our finnish warhammer forums one guy called Kharon made quite nice pumpking themed goblin army (http://www.sotavasara.net/keskustelu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91469&start=80) and as pumpkins are kinda halloweenish this might intrest someone. Most wont likely understand the language, but you can see the nice pictures there =)

That seems like the perfect answer to this topic :). Awesome army! My favorite was the pumpkin shaman hehe.

Feefait
30-10-2010, 02:26
I started a Wood Elf themed Halloween army, but since I am lazy and hate conversions and putting models together it fizzled.

I basically have, in various states of togetherness:
Werewolves (confrontation lycans) as treekin
fell bats with elves on them for eagle riders
a treeman and dryads with a bunch of pumpkins/tombstones on their bases or branches
a headless horseman lord on a mount
everything would have been painted black orange and green

IGoblinego
30-10-2010, 14:19
As long as you include Mr. Hyde there, it's cool :D