PDA

View Full Version : Inner Circle Knights vs. Steam Tank

Torpedo Vegas
28-10-2010, 17:20
I'm heading to a tournament in a few weeks, and my list originally included a Steam Tank. However, it occurred to me that it fails all initiative test. LoS and LoD will kill it really fast, and in previous games I've played with it, it really didn't do much other than make my opponent avoid the particular area it was in, which can be pretty useful actually. Anyways, I'm considering swapping it out for 9 Inner Circle Knights with Lances and Spears, and adding a Warrior Priest (mounted) to give them Hatred. They would act as a hard hitting hammer unit to my tar pit of Flaggies, and it its more fitting with my Sigmarite themed army.

Tech Hazard
28-10-2010, 18:17
From Empire Errata...

Steam Tank, Magic phase
Ignore this paragraph.

I believe you use the drivers initative for this as the rules state models/units with combined stats use the highest stats for characteristics tests. But I don't play empire and could be wrong. Would be worth reading up on.

Kalandros
28-10-2010, 18:20
No, you ignore the Magic Immunity but the rules on characteristics is still there:
It passes ALL characteristic Tests automatically EXCEPT initiative. It is also still autohit in Close combat even with a WS on the commander.

I would not play a Steam Tank.

DivineVisitor
28-10-2010, 23:52
Steam Tanks are still nails, T10, cannon, terror, steam gun, unbreakable. It still brings alot to the table.

danny-d-b
29-10-2010, 07:47
I wouldn't bother with a steam tank- as said its so rock paper sissers its untrue

if you don't have a cannon, lore of metal, POS then your going to stuggle
if you do then you have the tank easy

The Grim
29-10-2010, 08:09
I wouldn't bother with a steam tank- as said its so rock paper sissers its untrue

if you don't have a cannon, lore of metal, POS then your going to stuggle
if you do then you have the tank easy

You forgot Heroic KB, that would be quite a piece of fun :p

Torpedo Vegas
29-10-2010, 12:11
And apparently you can poison tanks now.

danny-d-b
29-10-2010, 12:12
You forgot Heroic KB, that would be quite a piece of fun :p

o yer how could I forget that
you could even have the bret guy with the re-rolling to wound lance just to make sure -3/4 auto hitting, re-rolling to wound, yep your going to need 6s to wound, but if you do it auto blows- lance to the exasut anyone