PDA

View Full Version : Mawseeker or Mountaineater?

IGoblinego
28-10-2010, 20:54
both have techincally same effect, other just is more expensive and other gives stupidíty.

eyescrossed
28-10-2010, 21:01
Mawseeker all the way. It actually helps against attacks that have a lower (or equal) Strength to your Toughness.

That, and it's cheaper. Plus, Stupidity is nothing if you have a reroll from the BSB.

Sandals
28-10-2010, 21:10
I disagree that they are the same affect. They are the same affect against Str 7 attacks only. Against Str 4, 5 and 6 Mawseeker is better in every way.

I'll admit that against Str 8+ Mountaineater may be considered better, but even in that instance I'd rather have the 15 point difference available to spend on a Ward save or something.

Korraz
28-10-2010, 21:19
Maweseeker, no doubt. Reasons mentioned obove.

-Mawseeker
-Giantbreaker
End of usable Names.

Torpedo Vegas
28-10-2010, 21:51
And even Giant breaker is dubious.

eyescrossed
28-10-2010, 23:52
And even Giant breaker is dubious.

Yeah. Silly Slavegiants.

decker_cky
29-10-2010, 18:11
Slavegiants aren't bad in 8th. Keep them away from other big stuff, but they can do lots of damage to infantry for a very fail price.

Torpedo Vegas
29-10-2010, 22:11
Use them to distract your opponents. He'll focus all his shooting at the 30 foot tall man rushing him, and leave your horde of bulls to smash his lines unmolested.

Zaknifa
30-10-2010, 00:00
Mawseeker definatly, combine it with trickster's helm and have lots of fun.
Also the only other big name, aside from giantbreaker as previously mentioned, which I have found useful, oddly enough, is the wallcrusher. An extra impact hit and no bonuses due to cover when charging makes a bruiser or tyrant able to at least kill on thing with an impact hit.
It is also so much fun to Kool-aid man the tyrant into the watch tower.

Lukasz_VT
30-10-2010, 00:18
Slavegiants aren't bad in 8th. Keep them away from other big stuff, but they can do lots of damage to infantry for a very fail price.

lol almost read that as "fair" :D

Torpedo Vegas
30-10-2010, 01:30
Mawseeker definatly, combine it with trickster's helm and have lots of fun.
Also the only other big name, aside from giantbreaker as previously mentioned, which I have found useful, oddly enough, is the wallcrusher. An extra impact hit and no bonuses due to cover when charging makes a bruiser or tyrant able to at least kill on thing with an impact hit.
It is also so much fun to Kool-aid man the tyrant into the watch tower.
Ogres: Hey Kool-aid!
Empire Greatswords: *thick German accents* Was?
Tyrant (bursts through wall): OHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!