PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Vampire Counts list...well, a start

Gloomwhisker
29-10-2010, 03:40
I'll just put this out there now; I need help filling out my proposed 2000 point Vampire Counts army. Plain and simple, no doubt about it. Well, let me a little more specific. I need help deciding on and building the characters that will be so vital to its' effectiveness. Here's what I've got going on thus far, and I'm quite happy with it. Essentially I've got my ever-important Core(and Special) blocks sorted, which comes in at over 1000 points already.

25 Skeleton Warriors-
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Hellfire

30 Crypt Ghouls-
Crypt Ghast

30 Crypt Ghouls-
Crypt Ghast

30 Grave Guard-
Seneschal
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Barrows
Great Weapons

Current Total 1191pts.

So there we are. In my opinion it's a solid, numerous effort, and should serve quite well as the base and backbone of the army. So, I'm missing supporting units, and also, more importantly, characters.

First things first, I need a Vampire Lord. I'm the first to admit that at this point I'm completely unsure as to what I should do here. The Vamp Lord will be the defining unit in this, and most any, Vampire Counts army, and therefore I need to do this right. Any help or suggestions you have in regards to this would be awesome.

Secondly, I'm looking at adding a Necromancer on foot, more or less built towards summoning Zombies. You know, to do all those Zombie things that come in so handy(speed bumping, rank-negating, etc.) Next up, a Wight King Battle Standard would likely be the way to go, and I'm unsure how to build him as well. I've seen the Drakenhof Banner and a great weapon become a popular choice, but it seems a bit pricey at the 2000 points level, where I'm already struggling for room. Another Vampire would certainly be handy as well, so by all means, fill me in on a useful build and purpose for a fellow like that.

As for support, well, when the characters are all paid for, there won't be a whole lot of points left for them...sadly. Of course, I've got to somehow fit in a Varghulf, and...? See, I'm a bit clueless at the moment, and definitely need your guidance.

So, I've got the core blocks of the army sorted well enough for me, I'm just looking for your help in finishing it off at the 2000 points level. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gloomwhisker

Gloomwhisker
03-11-2010, 05:08
Hmm, no replies yet huh? Okay, well I'll continue on a bit, having had some time to think things over and do some more reading regarding 8th edition Vampire Counts tactics and army building theory.

First of all, I need some killing power. I think right off the bat(heh, pun?), the Rare choices would be a good place to look for this. I'm thinking a Varghulf would be among the best choices for this, not to mention counting as a Vampire.

Also, and most importantly to this army, the character selection. Yes, the part of this process that I've been having the most trouble with is choosing Lords and Heroes. I'm actually still quite unsure how to go about this.

Firstly, my Vampire Lord build is a mystery to me. I know it's super vital to any VC army, and I could really use a bit of helping figuring out which build would be the best fit for this army. Also I'm hoping to field a Necromancer or two, mainly for keeping my ranks at strength, and possibly one of them being a Zombie-maker. Of course I'll need a lesser Vampire as well, and possibly even a Wight King(BSB?). This is a lot of points, and will most likely come very close to rounding this army out to 2000 points. So, character selection and the addition of a Varghulf....help?:) It's a toughie...

Of course I'm sure this army could also use some support units in some form. I'm not entirely sure what Vampire Counts support units are best, and how they're best used, so this is something I could definitely use some help with as well.

Gloomwhisker