PDA

View Full Version : 3rd eye and Bound Spells

Hashulaman
29-10-2010, 08:29
Does the 3rd eye work on Bound Spells now? You have to roll to cast now so I dont see why you couldn't and wizard do take bound spell items, Ring of Corin/Fury come to mind. It is a spell, it has a casting value, you roll to cast it. It has all the requirements, I see no reason why it is omitted from the 3rd eye.

Eltharil
29-10-2010, 09:35
1) 3rd eye makes the sorcerer able to cast spells known by the ennemy mage if LOS. Bound spells are not technically known by the mage. The spell is bounded to the item, the mage doesn't know it at all, and that's the reason you can't add the lv bonus to a bounded spell used by a mage. The fact the bearer is mage or not is irrelevant.

2) Fluffly, how can you read an 'item's mind' to steal its knowledge?

3) Tactic: the 3rd eyed sorcerer would only be able to cast the bound spell. That's not very good even with ring of corin/fury.

honorandglory
29-10-2010, 15:59
Don't think Magic Item bound spells. Think Warrior Priest,Tomb King Bound spells.

Lord_Elric
29-10-2010, 18:30
Don't think Magic Item bound spells. Think Warrior Priest,Tomb King Bound spells.

well there not actualy bound spells are they there Spells that are cast "in the same way" as bound spells, so surly they would be effected by 3rd eye then???

Ramius4
29-10-2010, 18:48
well there not actualy bound spells are they there Spells that are cast "in the same way" as bound spells, so surly they would be effected by 3rd eye then???

Only if the caster of said 'bound spells' are considered 'wizards' could you do it.

Also, in the case of TK, you'd get a spell with no casting value. You wouldn't get their ability to cast on any value you roll. I think the rules for Incantations have a clause in there dealing with this already.

Tae
29-10-2010, 18:56
Even if you do cast Tomb Kings incantations, all bar the magic missile one start with the words "Target one undead unit...".

So have fun with that in a WoC army.

Ramius4
29-10-2010, 19:00
Even if you do cast Tomb Kings incantations, all bar the magic missile one start with the words "Target one undead unit...".

So have fun with that in a WoC army.

Oh... That too :p