PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Priest RiP Prayer Question

Noght
29-10-2010, 11:09
Hey All:

I need some clarification about Warrior Priest Prayers and Remain in Play.

I was under the impression that a WP could cast one prayer a turn at bound level 4. I was also under the impression that he could cast lets say: Armor of Contempt (4+ ward save) this turn and then lets say Hammer of Sigmar on the General on the next turn resulting in two RiP prayers.

I had planned on doing the same with the Arch Lector, lets say Armor of Contempt on both himself and the BSB on turn 1. Unbending Rightousness on himself and Hammer of Sigmar on Wizard Lord turn 2.

I saw an Army Builder (v 2.2) sample that said the WP's could only have one RiP prayer at a given time and a 2nd differant RiP caused the first to "dispel"
I had hoped to use a group of WP to throw out waves of 4+ ward saves and re-roll missed attack prayers to as many characters as possible.

I apologize, I don't have the Master Rule book so I don't know what it says there regarding "generic" Remain in Play.

Thanks in Advance.
Noght

narrativium
29-10-2010, 12:17
The rulebook is clear on this point. Army Builder is not always reliable, and in this case appears to be incorrect.

Glasscannon
29-10-2010, 12:26
I think in 7th if you attempted to cast another remains in play the previous one ended, that is no longer the case you can have several in play at once (1 casted per turn with a priest and 2 with a lector)

Noght
29-10-2010, 12:33
Fan-Freaking-Tastic...

Time to load up the weak Empire Heroes with Ward Saves and Re-Rolls...

Hmm...How about a Wizard Lord with Hammer of Sigmar? Re-Rolling to hits and wounds on the Magic Missle...sweet.

Thanks!
Noght

stainawarjar
30-10-2010, 14:33
It says right in the wp rules that a warrior priest can use one prayer each turn, and an arch lector can use two...

Noght
30-10-2010, 19:40
It says right in the wp rules that a warrior priest can use one prayer each turn, and an arch lector can use two...

I was aware of the casting limitations/turn, I just needed confirmation of the number of RiP prayers were allowed.

I like to cast the Armor of Contempt while the armies are closing, while planning a second RiP spell the following turn. In a perfect world my Lector casts Armor and Unbreakable before combat and Soulfire during the magic phase while in CC. If he has extra turns to cast it's alway nice to drop a Hammer on your killy guys or Mage which means three (3) RiP on the board at once.

Noght

Noght
16-11-2010, 14:09
This popped back up again this last weekend at a tourney. Can someone please clarify. I have read the rulebook RiP section and tried to overlap it with the Empire rules for Prayers and FAQ.

After reading the replies here I was under the impression that the Warrior Priest could have multiple RiP prayers in play, casting one/turn. For example Armor of Contempt on Turn 1, Hammer of Sigmar on Turn 2, and Unbreakable on himself (and unit) on Turn 3. So 3 RiP prayers in play, is that right? How about if he wanted to cast 2 Armor of Contempts (ward saves) on turn 1 and 2?

Thanks in Advance!
Noght

Chris_
16-11-2010, 14:40
Read the section on Remains in Play spells, pg. 36 BRB. You can not cast the same RiP spell that he cast before (still active) in a subsequent round, you are perfectly free to cast and have several different in play at the same time however.

Palatine Katinka
17-11-2010, 02:03
Army Builder appears to still be using the old rules for Remain in Play spells in which casting another spell (any spell) would stop the Remain in Play spell. This has changed in the new edition. Maintaining a Remain in Play spell no longer prevents the use of other spells. It only prevents you from using that specific spell again (until it is dispelled or you choose to stop it).

Kevlar
17-11-2010, 02:11
Fan-Freaking-Tastic...

Time to load up the weak Empire Heroes with Ward Saves and Re-Rolls...

Hmm...How about a Wizard Lord with Hammer of Sigmar? Re-Rolling to hits and wounds on the Magic Missle...sweet.

Thanks!
Noght

Well they also generate a ton of dispel dice. You can easily have more dispel dice than your opponent has power dice.

SilasOfTheLambs
17-11-2010, 14:28
Warrior priests have gotten a spectacular buff in this edition. Hatred is better because our frail troopers now mainly get to swing due to stepping up, +DD are much better on a percentage basis due to the cap, and as pointed out here, they can spam all 3 of their RIP spells and keep them on as long as the foe doesn't want to spend dice dispelling them.

Right now I have a double-arch-lector list in contemplation. At 2250 (yes, some tournaments haven't caught up with the rest of us) it's not difficult to cram in 3 lord choices (wizard lord, arch lector, arch lector) if you're willing to compromise a bit on the item loadouts, and then you're looking at +4 dispel dice with a +4 dispelling bonus without even dipping into your hero allowance. Makes even a slann sit up and pay attention. (Although we're not sure if a slann is anatomically capable of sitting up...)